"Make war - not peace" not possible vs TER?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

"Make war - not peace" not possible vs TER?

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:25

After the Paranid Unification, Dal Busta offers some choices to instigate war Paranid vs Argon, Teladi or Split.
I cannot start war against Terran Protectorate, this option is disabled.
Is this because during Terran vs Argon/Antigone I decided not to do anything? Or some earlier choices?
Thanks!

Caedes91
x4

Re: "Make war - not peace" not possible vs TER?

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:58

You can only make them go to war with the factions that they border to. So it's nearly impossible to have them at war with actually everyone. To do that, you need to plan ahead a bit. I myself got them to fight everyone.

Without you conquering a sector for TER (war guild mission, where you build defence/admin stations for factions) that borders to TRI on your own, most of the time you always have to decide between

TRI vs everyone but TER

or

TRI vs everyone but ANT

To summarize: The available choices depend on how the faction sector control has developed to the point of your decision. Terrans will usually expand to Getsu Fune at most, unless you escalate the conflict between them and ARG/ANT. Or they may conquer a sector that ANT previously lost to Xenon, so they unintentionally border TRI without your help.

foxxbl
x4

Re: "Make war - not peace" not possible vs TER?

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 07:14

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:58
You can only make them go to war with the factions that they border to. So it's nearly impossible to have them at war with actually everyone. To do that, you need to plan ahead a bit. I myself got them to fight everyone.
This makes totally sense, thanks for the help!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”