Yaki Plot in Jeopardy?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bjhughes1963
x4

Yaki Plot in Jeopardy?

Post by bjhughes1963 » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 19:52

I cleaned out both Thaka's Cascade sectors and noticed the Terrans coming through. They started destroying Xenon stations in Matrix #79B. I gave them a hand and helped destroy everything there. The Terran Asgard ship made it's way into Savage Spur I and is slowly destroying stations.

Will they attack and destroy the Yaki base and prevent me from working on the Yaki plot?

As an aside, I've been blockading most Xenon travel out of any sectors they control which has seriously impacted the number of K and I ships. I also got to the choice stage of the Split story. I've decided not to choose but I will be blockading any jump gates and prevent the Xenon from leaving Split space in the upper right quadrant. If they can't handle the Xenon that's their problem.

Caedes91
x4

Re: Yaki Plot in Jeopardy?

Post by Caedes91 » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 20:18

Yes, they can definitely die at the hands of the Terrans, before and after the point of no return.
I can confirm, because in my case, I decided to help them. Got a final quest from them, but then I focused my attention elsewhere until an Intervention Asgard randomly showed up and destroyed their base. The quest failed and was removed. Had to reload an earlier save.

So they are not "essential" like Quest-npcs in Skyrim for example.
Make sure you either protect them or get everything you need before they die.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 20:30

Sometimes they seem to target just the Yaki base and ignore Xenon stations in the sectors leading up to it. Link. I suppose it might depend how much the Yaki have previously annoyed the Terrans by going through the one-way gate and being a nuisance.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bjhughes1963
x4

Post by bjhughes1963 » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 21:15

It looks like the Asgard is gone. It destroyed 2 stations near the jump gate but it hasn't attacked anything else. I don't have full sat coverage in SS1 but I think it would have made it to another station if it was going to continue attacking.

My rep with the Terrans isn't high enough yet to start the Yaki plot but I'm heading that way to raise it.

Thanks

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:35

There are two things to be done to keep the Yaki alive:

1) Tell Terran Intelligence that the Yaki do not pose a threat and grab the SYN...

and

2) Take the choice to destroy the Xenon structure, do it without hitting any Yaki (just disable the SYN's turrets and let your Yaki allies deal with all the ships), the Yaki will reward you with 2 lockboxes filled with purple modparts(!!!) and access to their blueprints (Moreya and Kuraokami), you'll also get your former partner as a 4* pilot with a Kuraokami.

Then, if you want to continue with the Yaki (can't see any reason but anyway...), remove the Xenon from the sectors leading to Savage Spur I and take the sectors for yourself. This will stop the roving Asgard...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:38

bjhughes1963 wrote:
Wed, 11. Jan 23, 21:15
It looks like the Asgard is gone. It destroyed 2 stations near the jump gate but it hasn't attacked anything else. I don't have full sat coverage in SS1 but I think it would have made it to another station if it was going to continue attacking.

My rep with the Terrans isn't high enough yet to start the Yaki plot but I'm heading that way to raise it.

Thanks
If you haven't started the Yaki plot yet the Asgard can not destroy the Yaki Station (makes sense doesn't it?). It will appear again after the plot, depending on your choices and what you do.

My suggestion? Board it after the plot and keep it as "heavy artillery" where it's needed...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”