Help me out here. Who are HOF, or Holy Order Faithful?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nulric
x4

Help me out here. Who are HOF, or Holy Order Faithful?

Post by Nulric » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 04:40

Who are these guys, and what mechanics spawn them, etc? I assume they're a consequence of some portion of the full Paranid storyline. Do they give out missions, and can they be made into a faction with a shipyard (by doing a station build mission for them, for example)?

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Help me out here. Who are HOF, or Holy Order Faithful?

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 08:13

They are a faction born from the Paranid plot. I don't believe they can (or do) exist after completion or a certain stage of it (only did it once, enjoyed the maze but at the end it's just a sinkhole of money and resources giving nothing to the player).

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:40

HOF, aka the fanatics of HOP, is a faction that is, to my knowledge, not used in the general game, but, if ever, at one or two battles during the paranid plot.
dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 18. Jan 23, 08:13
at the end it's just a sinkhole of money and resources giving nothing to the player).
Well, it gives the player the option to largely effect a good chunk of the map. Having TEM pirates roam around as a new conquering faction or TRI being at war with Teladi and Argons has big consequences. Personally, I like it, but I can see how other players might expect a more player-oriented reward.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:46

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:40

Well, it gives the player the option to largely effect a good chunk of the map. Having TEM pirates roam around as a new conquering faction or TRI being at war with Teladi and Argons has big consequences. Personally, I like it, but I can see how other players might expect a more player-oriented reward.
Have you made a cost/profit analysis to see how many game months it will take to regain what you have invested in the plot?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 22:57

Yet some players keep asking for more credits-sinks and ways to make credits-earning more relevant to later game phases. Of course 6.00 might change the role and importance of credits in gameplay too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 11:01

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 21:46
Rei Ayanami wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:40

Have you made a cost/profit analysis to see how many game months it will take to regain what you have invested in the plot?
Finally something I can spend my profits on & make a dazzling return. War funds the economy, so more war, more profits. Already earned back my investment in the Buccaneer plot, because that shipyard is hungry & my factories supply it. The War will continue & the profits will rise.
Doesn't take months imo to return the investment, few ingame days at most.

Terraforming on the other hand will never return the investment in it, yet I do it, simply because what else to spend my ingame credits on? Not to mention it provides a nice & fun economic challenge todo & see what you can reuse after the terraforming is done.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”