Destroy The Cabal

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bjhughes1963
x4

Destroy The Cabal

Post by bjhughes1963 » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 00:58

I sided with Zyarth and then blockaded all the jump gates in that area to suppress CAB from leaving or moving. CAB no longer has a wharf, eq dock or shipyard and all CAB traffic seem to have stopped. Some of Zyarth's forces may still be attacking CAB stations.

I also completed the Paranid plot and set TRI to war with Zyarth, he's controlling an area between two of my sectors that I took from the Xenon.

I'm not sure if I should destroy all of the remaining CAB stations then declare war on Zyarth or leave the CAB for later. I could then declare war on Zyarth and take over the sectors where TRI is fighting Zyarth.

Any thoughts?

NiAypa
x4

Re: Destroy The Cabal

Post by NiAypa » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 19:40

To me it sounds a little bit like you have already made your decision, I mean without any wharfs or shipyards left... also both of your proposed ways end up in declaring war to ZYA ;)

bjhughes1963
x4

Post by bjhughes1963 » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:04

I wasn't sure if I had made my mind up or not. I have wiped out the Court, for now, not sure if they can respawn. I had a previous playthrough where I eliminated them and the next day my game started to hang up. I looked through a debug log and saw an error that the CAB faction rep didn't have a location. There were no CAB stations left for the rep. I went back to a previous save, didn't wipe them out, and never got another freeze.

Zyarth is doing a pretty good job supplying my station builds in their former sectors so going to war with them would be counterproductive. At least for now, I'm not sure I want or need to go to war with them. If the rebellion has been crushed and Zyarth doesn't start to expand or threaten my sectors and/or Argon expansion I might just leave Zyarth dealing with the Paranid.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 17:10

" .. the next day my game started to hang up. I looked through a debug log and saw an error that the CAB faction rep didn't have a location."

Was that ever reported as a bug? If not, the devs have no chance to fix it or prevent it happening again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bjhughes1963
x4

Post by bjhughes1963 » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 18:34

It was a heavily modded save so I figured they wouldn't want to see it.

I imagine it wasn't the cause though, the CAB rebuild stations even after you've destroyed all the current ones. That new station would be the next rep location. I did notice that there's a new rep each time.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 16:10

my thoughts / 2 credits:

Whilst wiping out a faction may seem cool at first, it is just too bothersome in the end. (unless it's early game HOP = #nofriends)

in Vanilla, CAB will always continue to try and rebuild (FRF is probably it's nearest ally) in my experience though, they need a little "nudge", else ZYA will continually destroy that freshly built CAB-station. (i.e. you have to pop a few ZYA patrols that will eventually attack the CAB-station, might be Rattlesnakes/Monitors/Raptors though)

In the end, having a faction on neutral or better will be more beneficial to your own empire, moreso if you have your own shipyard. War is good business, ZYA/CAB/TRI wrapped in a threeway possibly even more so.

i haven't had the chance to do the paranid plot sadly (my HOP is dead in the water) but TRI is supposed to be the strongest faction in the game as far is i've been reading? would be interesting to see how TRI fares against ZYA.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 23:09

Tempest wrote:
Mon, 27. Feb 23, 16:10
i haven't had the chance to do the paranid plot sadly (my HOP is dead in the water)
How dead? I have completed neither Paranid nor Split plots and encyclopedia lists
ALI, HAT, FRF, PIO, RIP, and ZYA as non-enemies of HOP. Granted, they are all a bit far
from HOP but should they somehow expand, they could perhaps help HOP rebuild.

That is, if you have no chance at all to become neutral with HOP directly.
If you could, then you probably can get them into shape that is enough for the plot.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”