Where the heck do I sell Protectyon?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Where the heck do I sell Protectyon?

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 05:07

I am baffled, what do I do with the Protectyon on board the Astrid? Why can I not just simply sell it to a trade station or something?

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Where the heck do I sell Protectyon?

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 06:56

If it's any consolation, I'm several months past completing the plot, and I've no idea what protectyon is or does!
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 14:44

It's like, I've done the plot, betrayed the Northriver brothers so they no longer supposedly have a monopoly to sell Protectyon, and now I'm supposed to be the one to supply it to the Avarice sectors, I guess, so that they can survive the tide? But I have no idea how to distribute it to them, the game certainly isn't giving me any clues, as far as it is concerned, the plot is now over. But I can neither find a way to sell the small amount I have to them, nor find a way back to Leap of Faith the get some more. I guess the inhabitants of Avarice are just hosed now?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:57

There are apparently two, mutually exclusive (Steam) achivements: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2376337650
Each has you sell the stuff some times.

Overall, there probably isn't a huge demand for the stuff, so one probably can reach at least one of the two with the amount Astrid has.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 00:33

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:57
There are apparently two, mutually exclusive (Steam) achivements: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2376337650
Each has you sell the stuff some times.

Overall, there probably isn't a huge demand for the stuff, so one probably can reach at least one of the two with the amount Astrid has.
But where do I sell it? Using the trade filter I see no stations that either buy sell protectyon anywhere. Do I need to make my own trade station to sell pretectyon? Does it need to be located in Avarice?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 07:29

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 00:33
But where do I sell it? Using the trade filter I see no stations that either buy sell protectyon anywhere. Do I need to make my own trade station to sell pretectyon? Does it need to be located in Avarice?
Protectyon is the ressource that fuels the shield against the Tide. Every station in Avarice has this shield. The station module for this shield is able to store 5 units of protectyon while every tide consumes 1 unit. I have seen these station having 'buy offers' when their stock gets down to 2 units.
But even if the twins are gone you have still competition. The invincibel Tidebreak with its regenerating supply of protectyon and up to 5 RIP-Raleighs (condensat) take care to supply all RIP-stations fairly well and the aforementioned buy offers are always very shorttermed.
Aside of these Consumers only Tidebreak will buy some protectyon (from a personaly controlled ship docked there) in small numbers.

So what can you do?
To sell at lowest price: Use your own station to sell protectyon. Set price to lowest and wait for those RIP-Raleighs (cond) to buy or [unlikely] sell at lowest (manually) at any station. Some player posted, that transfering protectyon between their own station and ship (while price set to lowest) unlocked the related achievement (don't know).

To sell at highest price: You firstly have to create the demand by hacking the storage of the consuming stations and convincing the RIP-Raleighs (cond) to... atleast stay away. The consuming station must have zero protectyon stocked to pay the max price.

Your way back to Leap of Faith opens again after each tide. I hope you have marked that special anomaly?

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 11:20

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 07:29
To sell at lowest price:
You can sell at lowest price, since it's unlikely that NPC stations will send ships to buy from you. Your ships will still sell at the prices the stations are buying it for. My price is set at 1 above average, every tide my traders go out and sell protectyon before tidebreak can.
DanKara wrote:
Some player posted, that transfering protectyon between their own station and ship (while price set to lowest) unlocked the related achievement (don't know).
Tried this on 6.00 beta. This doesn't work. I believe since 5.10 trades between player owned properties don't involve money any more.
To get the achievement for selling under the average, do not assign any auto traders to sell Protectyon. Trade 2 times manually after a tide has hit to unlock it.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 14:52

DanKara wrote:
Your way back to Leap of Faith opens again after each tide. I hope you have marked that special anomaly?
I did... until the tide caused my nav beacons that marked it to be blown far far away. I've found one anomaly, but I don't think it is the right one, because I don't see it activated when the tide hits.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 18:27

So I sold off the protectyon that was on the Astrid to the Tidebreak station. Funny enough, when I had protectyon highlighted as a trade ware, I didn't see the buy offer for it on the map, even though the Tidebreak station would buy more than 4000 units of it. Is this a bug?

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 19:38

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 18:27
So I sold off the protectyon that was on the Astrid to the Tidebreak station. Funny enough, when I had protectyon highlighted as a trade ware, I didn't see the buy offer for it on the map, even though the Tidebreak station would buy more than 4000 units of it. Is this a bug?
Did you enable 'Condensate' on the filter settings?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 20:13

Katorone wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 11:20
DanKara wrote:
To sell at lowest price:
You can sell at lowest price, since it's unlikely that NPC stations will send ships to buy from you. Your ships will still sell at the prices the stations are buying it for. My price is set at 1 above average, every tide my traders go out and sell protectyon before tidebreak can.
Its true, my ships will sell it to the price of NPC-stations (when delivering). Thats why I said, to let those NPC-Raleighs (cond) from the Riptide Rakers come to you and buy directly from you at your station. They are not bound (tightly) to Tidebreak.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 20:17

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 14:52
I did... until the tide caused my nav beacons that marked it to be blown far far away. I've found one anomaly, but I don't think it is the right one, because I don't see it activated when the tide hits.
Bad luck...
In my games there are 2 anomolies fairly central on the sector map. Occassionaly my LongRange Scanner has problems to identify / differentiate them. I suggest to search some more and watch closely to the lightly electrified flashing/humming of the correct one after the tide.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 21:50

Katorone wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 19:38
Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 18:27
Did you enable 'Condensate' on the filter settings?
Ugh, that's a filter setting? I'll check when I get home.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”