Avarice plot bugged, cant complete - Resolved itself with time.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

snyderm
x3

Avarice plot bugged, cant complete - Resolved itself with time.

Post by snyderm » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 03:05

Avarice plot: So after I refuse to side with the bentlee twins, the game tells me to get the astrid down to its hull and its evac system will eject the pilot. After I complete this objective and take over the astrid, the game sends me a notification that the mission is complete.

The Vig syndicate however hate me and my rep quickly goes down past -20, and I have this huge bothersome problem as these guys are all over constantly attacking everything and annoying me.

According to plot walkthroughs I have read, there is supposed to be another mission after this, but in my game there isn't. I have tried reloading and doing this over again, but it is the same thing over and over.

Anyone encounter this problem? Should I just never do this plot because it is broken?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Avarice plot bugged, cant complete

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 11:07

There are 2 things you need to do to recover your previous VIG rep in that situation: pay the protection money asked for, and kill a designated VIG station to demonstrate your threat to them. The protection money business is usually offered a bit before you decide about the twins, so did you pay or did you reject them?

The plot worked fine for me.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

snyderm
x3

Post by snyderm » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 13:12

I rejected them. I am fine with them being hostile for awhile, but I need the mission to destroy the station, but it doesn't exist in my game. The teladi that gives you the mission is just sitting at my station forever with no dialog, and no missions in my mission manager.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 19:39

Is your HQ in Leap of Faith?

snyderm
x3

Post by snyderm » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 22:00

So I loaded the game to play today and the missions are right where they are supposed to be.

Not sure what is going on here. Maybe this one is just user error?

I did find two other posts of people with the exact same problem, so I really don't know. Playing the missions as they were intended now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”