A matter of respect - how to stop bomb? Also Helianthus.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sturmer

A matter of respect - how to stop bomb? Also Helianthus.

Post by Sturmer » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 17:58

So, I've taken and entered the Nova that Gride Orrian left, but the time bomb is still beeping from the elevator shaft. There is no option in the elevator control to disable it. I wait for it to run out, but somehow it feels that was the wrong thing to do, even though I'm still alive. How do I disarm the bomb?

Also, is there any way to cap the Helianthus that came sniffing? I take out every system he has and he is sitting lame, but can't take down his hull or make his crew eject. Instead with 21 crew he has more than 900 defence points which makes it impossible as I can send only 36 marines for some reason.

DanKara
x4

Re: A matter of respect - how to stop bomb? Also Helianthus.

Post by DanKara » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 10:28

Its been a long while for me .... so I may remember things wrongly.
I have taken (claimed) the Dukes Nova for myself in 2 games. I think I stopped the countdown to destruction by collecting the (suit) bomb that was placed on the ship hull (outside). Had no 'beeping' afterwards, but haven't used that ship more than for flying it to the next station and hiring a pilot (was pre 'crew transfer').

I also remember my first try, were I entered into the ship (without collecting the bomb from the outside) ... and died in the explosion of the bomb and ship.

Helianthus (if thats the name of the CapShip of Gride) had the tag 'not boardable' in my games and couldn't initiate the 'Boarding' (menu/operation) :gruebel:

Sturmer

Re: A matter of respect - how to stop bomb? Also Helianthus.

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 15:58

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 4. Apr 23, 10:28
Its been a long while for me .... so I may remember things wrongly.
I have taken (claimed) the Dukes Nova for myself in 2 games. I think I stopped the countdown to destruction by collecting the (suit) bomb that was placed on the ship hull (outside). Had no 'beeping' afterwards, but haven't used that ship more than for flying it to the next station and hiring a pilot (was pre 'crew transfer').
Thanks for response! :) Didn't know about the bomb being outside. xD I capped it and then somehow survived the explosion, lol. Too bad about that Behemoth, would've been a nice collection. Got destroyed a bit later on by the Paranid force.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”