Mission 'A Heart for Pirates'

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

Mission 'A Heart for Pirates'

Post by Baggins46 » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 19:57

In this mission (where you have to eliminate all Xenon in indicated sectors) does this include stations? Also, when do you know when a section is cleared, is there any indication, from Dal or somebody?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mission 'A Heart for Pirates'

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 21:49

You have to eliminate all functioning Xenon stations in all specified sectors, including the one the other side of the one way jumpgate within Savage Spur. You do get an acknowledgement when the entire mission completes, but not sector by sector.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 06:44

To add to it, the Xenon will try to rebuild their stations, so clearing a sector & moving on might see them rebuild in the cleared sector. Keep a capital ship on a patrol route in a cleared sector to bring those new stations down fast. Can sometimes be very high above or below the ecliptic, or in a far-off distant spot. Best hunt for these faraway stations once you cleared all sectors & the mission doesn't trigger.
Note, sometimes NPC factions will intervene as well & take over Tharka's Cascade when the Xenon are weakened. This does NOT interfere with the mission (Split took over most of the Xenon sectors in the alley & I still got the mission complete triggered.

You won't get any notice on the progress of clearing those sectors tho, until all Xenon stations are cleared.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 12:32

Thanks for the info. (next question coming up!)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 17:15

There is a point in the mission where if you have cleared so many stations you get down to 6 left (I think its 6, could be 8, cant remember exactly), then if you have the mission still selected, you will get multiple target markers showing which ones remain and in which sectors to finish them all off. So just keep on rampaging through killing Xenon stations until the markers show, then you know you are close to finishing.

Though this may be bugged, or the markers were introduced later in the games development : First time I cleared all stations throughout those sectors leading to Savage Spur, there were no markers, but after thoroughly scouring the sectors I completed the mission. Second time I did it I got the markers.

I have done it a third time, but on that occasion I cleared the sectors before that mission became a thing to do, so conclusion was easier because the Xenon did not rebuild in those sectors (I was trying to confine the Xenon where they were stronger up near ZYA sectors, which eventually failed and I made them extinct again, sigh!).

Anyway your mileage may vary, but I believe we should now get markers pointing the way to the (remaining) stations to be destroyed for that mission, but you have to clear out a fair few to get down to the number of stations the game then triggers the markers for.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”