I made syndicate to strong...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dougeye
x3tc

I made syndicate to strong...

Post by dougeye » Sat, 23. Dec 23, 15:05

I think i have made earlking possesion impossible without wiping out the syndicate. I am late game with severl fleets, numerous factory complexed etc but im now stuck on earlking as ive been supporting the syndiacte economically through out the playthrough to make use of their wharf. But the problem now is they have just continuously reinforced their patrols and now have hundred of fighters in windfall hoard supported by numerous capitals.

When it comes to earlking i am landing on the keepsake first, hacking all security terminals to disable turrets etc and using 2-3 freighter full of veteran marines to board the earlking. The boarding itself is no issue but once it becomes mine it is impossible to escape the sector alive.

Am i doin something wrong which turns the station and local patrols hostile? Should i just use one freighter to board piloted by player? etc

thanks
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

vvvvvvvv

Re: I made syndicate to strong...

Post by vvvvvvvv » Sat, 23. Dec 23, 15:20

dougeye wrote:
Sat, 23. Dec 23, 15:05
I think i have made earlking possesion impossible without wiping out the syndicate. I am late game with severl fleets, numerous factory complexed etc but im now stuck on earlking as ive been supporting the syndiacte economically through out the playthrough to make use of their wharf. But the problem now is they have just continuously reinforced their patrols and now have hundred of fighters in windfall hoard supported by numerous capitals.

When it comes to earlking i am landing on the keepsake first, hacking all security terminals to disable turrets etc and using 2-3 freighter full of veteran marines to board the earlking. The boarding itself is no issue but once it becomes mine it is impossible to escape the sector alive.

Am i doin something wrong which turns the station and local patrols hostile? Should i just use one freighter to board piloted by player? etc

thanks
Go OOS. Move outside of Erlking and VIG sectors.

Buy Shuyaku, fill it with VIG or split marines. Then fire all marines that are not veterans, and buy more. Keep doing that until you have mostly veterans. (VIG has 30% chance for marine to be veteran).

From another sector, order Shuyaku to board Erlking at maximum strength without disabling shields.

The ship is yours.

Move it out of VIG territory, go into cockpit and listen to scripted sequence that does nothing.

That happens because Scripted sequence only works when you're in the sector in person. Specifically, they can't get mad at you when you are not there.

Now, that is technically an exploit. If you want to go to war with VIG, flood the sector with laser towers. VIG fighters cannot survive the disco, and drop like flies if you have several hundreds of laser towers.

This will probably wreck your rep with them, though.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Sun, 24. Dec 23, 12:22

What is your reputation towards VIG?
For me they didn't even become hostile when I was performing boarding using Asgard as I was already over +15 rep.

Also if you have done terraforming tasks and have martial arts built to planet you can train your marines in there to become 2 stars (I would say the most affortable cannon food but still good ones to fight in boarding operations).

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 24. Dec 23, 15:17

i think the issue is that earlier in the game i was flying around keepsafe and they got annoyed with me after several warnings and went hostile. so now when i return if any of my ships get close it immediatly goes hostile, send out defence drones and turrets go live (if not hacked) and any patrolling vig ships join in (of which there are hundreds just built up in sector.

Ive got two options, come back later now with huge fleet and wipe out vig syndicate.

Or try again on another playthrough.

Which is a shame as i was playing a riptide custom start so erlking would have been the ideal flagship. was hoping to get it, mod it and use it to take back sectors from xenon. That is without going terran route and getting an asgard! which i have done previously.

Well i suppose it just shows the potential issues a player can cause but when i say that i dont mean the game is broken i mean by supporting the wrong economies you can make yoour game alot harder.

I think ill go boron start next with pure boron build.....
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Dec 23, 11:50

I did get my VIG rep to +20. Then there was some dirty business with Teladi and fellow in a yacht. That did involve some "fleet action", but doable as I did already have plenty of SCA donations. That mess over I was back at +20 with VIG and as side-effect the VIG armada was temporarily out. Practically nobody was there to get annoyed or harass while I retrieved the Erlking for "closer study" as Boso would say.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Mon, 25. Dec 23, 17:02

And if you initialize boarding so that set target ship hull integrity to 100% boarding will take quite awhile so VIG will cooldown until actual fight between marines starts.
When it's completed you can fly Erlking away peacefully.

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 10:34

You can destroy the Erlking.

Destruction of the Erlking unlocks a research to build it yourself in your XL Shipyard.
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 23:50

I notice this:
the rep loss is only temporary and one time, so move in with any small ship trigger their reaction, wait for them to become blue again, board without reaction.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”