[1286]4.10 B3 Ship/Station info panel is ON all the time, obscuring map view - Devs on the case.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

[1286]4.10 B3 Ship/Station info panel is ON all the time, obscuring map view - Devs on the case.

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:59

https://imgur.com/vdZ4fKG

in pic you can see what I mean, I cant seem to turn this off
its totally in the way of controlling ship via map bc you cant select and see anything behind that box
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sun, 15. Aug 21, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info to title.
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: 4.10 B3 Ship/Station info in ON all the time, map view

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 17:09

I just see that you cant trade via map and trade filters, it does not show wares window if the ship is near the station bc its blocked by that info panel
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 17:47

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:59

its totally in the way of controlling ship via map bc you cant select and see anything behind that box
Also the filter settings that used to affect these infos no longer seem to have any influence.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 21:51

strask412 wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 17:47
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:59

Also the filter settings that used to affect these infos no longer seem to have any influence.
Same here, the trade filters have no effect.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 22:42

Same here for both issues. Also when selecting ship trade filters disappear so it's impossible to select/trade specific wares.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 7. Jul 21, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edits after a merge

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 00:52

A work around is just to click anywhere on the map so your ship is not selected.

Not ideal if you want to keep track of something going on but dont want that big info block obscuring anything in the vicinity.

I also cannot find anything in the filters to switch this off.

Game screen resolution 1280x720
UI Scale 1.2

Also the fonts used for this info look awful and do not use the same size as the Properties list, so are smaller and very fuzzy

Screenshot ship not selected - https://i.imgur.com/KGaHehs.png

Screenshot ship selected - https://i.imgur.com/tOsdw4u.png
Laptop Dell G7 7590 : Win 10 x64
CPU - 9th Gen' Core I7 9750H 4.5ghz,
GPU - NVidia Geforce GTX 1650, VRAM 4gb GDDR5,
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2666mhz,
SSDs - Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME 500gb + Dell 512gb SSDs' (both Internal)
X4 Installed on the 970 Evo Plus.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 03:50

Fonts look fine for me (but playing at a higher resolution, so that is probably why). I do like the additional info for the selected ship; directly being able to see what cargo a ship is carrying for example is a huge improvement. So is being able to see what stations are without selecting them. It's brilliant.

I think the issue with Beta 3 with regards to ship/station info is that with the opacity change, it seems any objects behind the info box are no longer rendered at all, so large parts of the map are blind/completely blacked out. You can still interact with the object behind the info box, but you can no longer see it. Raising the opacity is fine, but I think we should still be able to see all objects on the map we can interact with.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 08:55

1. Info plates cover ships, stations and it's ver hard to management for example fleet if you see only info plates. And there are no switch in gui tu turn it off. I have to click somewhere on the map to disable but then I cannot command ships. The same is with stations how I should management station if only what I see is plate covering other stations ? :rant:
2. Trade filter stop working. It doesn't matter what I choose I can only see all trade offers , not possible to choose only my stations . :cry:

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by DocAce » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 11:00

Thanks for the feedback. We will address this in an upcoming update.

Falcrack
x4

Ship information box in map is too opaque

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 06:44

I know it was an intentional change to make the ship/station information box less transparent, but honestly I much preferred it before. It is annoying to me that I can no longer see what is behind the information box. It went from not being a problem for me when to was transparent, to being a problem now that it is much less transparent.

kmunoz
x4

Re: Ship information box in map is too opaque

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 07:21

I continue to be of the opinion that none of the tooltips should float near their objects. They should instead be docked on the bottom of the screen, where they won't obscure anything. And the ship info box should be docked to the lower right or lower left corner.
Last edited by Ketraar on Wed, 14. Jul 21, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing report

WoodyAut
x4

[4.10B4] Map - Ship information covers ships on map

Post by WoodyAut » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 18:57

Hi,

On the map, if an owned ship is selected, the ship's information is displayed, you still can see the stars and planets through it, but any ships on the map behind the info are not visible, only mouse-over shows up ships information behind the textbox.
Is it possible to have the textbox a bit translucent to see and be able to select the ships behind the infobox ?

Thanks and best regards
WoodyAut

Zloth2
x4

Re: [1286]4.10 B3 Ship/Station info in ON all the time, map view - Devs on the case.

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 01:18

I really like the info sometimes, while its in the way at other times. Having an easy toggle (maybe even on a mouse thumb button) sounds ideal to me.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Mistle

Re: [1286]4.10 B3 Ship/Station info in ON all the time, map view - Devs on the case.

Post by Mistle » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 08:50

Nothing changed after patch B4, still ship/station info cover others ships or station making it difficult to manage.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 12:52

This issue is rather disruptive. When zooming in on ships and attempting to issues orders, often the target of that order is obscured by the info box. If the target objects are close enough, even zooming out doesn't help - I'm struggling with managing my growing fleets due to this issue, so I think it is quite important as it frustrates continued testing.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”