[TESTREQUEST] Recycling

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[TESTREQUEST] Recycling

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 13:30

As you may already know, 5.00 includes a new feature that allows S and M sized wrecks to be recycled. In this topic we would like to collect feedback on the various aspects of this feature. Give the feature's gameplay a good go and let us know your experiences. Please note though that since this is a beta, its not within the scope of any feedback to propose major design changes, so suggestions should try and focus on existing functionality as far as possible.

Scrap Regions
Scattered across the galaxy there are several regions containing raw scrap, where wrecks can be found and tugged to stations that have a Scrap Processor module. In addition to scrap found in these regions, you can also tug wrecks from destroyed S and M ships.

Recycling
Manual salvaging wrecks with tug ship
Automated salvage for tug ship default behaviour
Automated salvage by assigning tug ships to station managers
Setting up and maintaining recycling production

Please let us know what you think and how this impacts your game. We are looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Pejot
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Recycling

Post by Pejot » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 12:14

I have a station in Zyrath Dominion X and Tug assigned to it.
In behaviour tab it says it has 1 gate range but it's going to collect scrap in Open Market which is 2 gates away.

Manager is 2 stars and Pilot is 2 stars.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 12:43

Pejot wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 12:14
In behaviour tab it says it has 1 gate range but it's going to collect scrap in Open Market which is 2 gates away.

Manager is 2 stars and Pilot is 2 stars.
Fixed. Thanks for the report. Range cap in that case should be 2. Fix should be in a future update.

olol3d
x4

Post by olol3d » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 13:39

Suggestion:

I have added recycling module to a defense station near an gate to a xenon sektor.
Is it possible to add an script so the tug only fetches wrecks around the station or nearby? or maybe ad salovage drones to the station and Game?
If my defense station destroyes a fleets of xenons there a many wrecks/salvage around the station.....
And a defense station should have its clear sight not disturbed by many wrecks...

Another suggestion:
Adding a small module for common station that presses wrecks (s/m) ore waste to blocks and can be bougth by scrap merchants to deliver it to a recycling station.

Moin
Oli

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:01

olol3d wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 13:39
Is it possible to add an script so the tug only fetches wrecks around the station or nearby?
Not likely, but you can just blacklist all other sectors and have it salvage in that one. Its not limited by location, but at least its not going to other systems.

MFG

Ketraar

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:11

"Raw Scrap"???? Whatever you're thinking about I'm starting to get interested.
"S" and "M" scraps? Why would we miss out on "L" and "XL" scrap, God forbid: station scrap? I thought was the reason for all this, AB OVO!

steganox
x4

Post by steganox » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:37

I added the recycle modules to my Qg in scale plate green VII and assigned 2 manticore for recovery.
The manticores recover M and S in the adjacent sectors but do not recover scrap at Scale Plate green I. many of these scrap contain recoverable parts up to 1000. piloting the manticore in person by placing a scrap with recovery parts in target the command activates magnet appears but remains gray.
Another problem: the wrecks disappear too soon, a manticore fails to arrive in time from the adjacent sector before the wreck disappears

Vidarrius
x4

Post by Vidarrius » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 16:59

Manticores assigned to a station will tow Khaak wrecks which have no scrap value, resulting in the ship giving off the error "Commander is not equipped to process scrap." Then loiter in whatever system to picked up the wreck in. The station is working otherwise, as a different Manticore fetched a SCA wreck and brought it back with no issues.

Endellur
x4

Post by Endellur » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:54

I setup a salvaging station with 4 Manticores in a system with a lot of Kha'ak activity. I've noticed many times the ships can't get to the wrecks before they disappear. I've also seen wrecks disappear while being towed to the station.

Fleabum
x4

Post by Fleabum » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:09

I have 5 manticores assigned to a recycling station. There are numerous wrecks by the gate in the same sector, wrecks created by failed xenon attacks.

1 of the manticores decided to travel to an adjacent sector to pick up a wreck
4 of the manticores all go for the "same" wreck near the gate

Surely it cant be correct that the 4 manticores all go for the same wreck when there are many numerous wrecks in the same area?

Regards
Flea

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:20

Vidarrius wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 16:59
Manticores assigned to a station will tow Khaak wrecks which have no scrap value
Fixed in a future update. Thanks for the report.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:45

It works like a charm here. My recycling station is in the "Family Nhuut" sector.
- My Mantikor pilot finds wrecks by himself (there's a Khaak installation in the "Family Kritt" sector).
- The ship and the towed wreck make it through asteroid fields with ease (had to fly across the "Family Zhin" sector).
- The wreck is pulled through jump gates as intended.
- The wreck gets deployed over the recycler right at the first attempt (Kudos to the AI).
- However the wreck fields in the "Family Nhuut" sector cannot be towed. A message says these wrecks are too big for the Mantikor. I guess that's a job for the Mantikor's big brother.

Well done, guys. :)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 21:18

Fleabum wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:09
4 of the manticores all go for the "same" wreck near the gate
Same thing for me. All manticores are chasing the same wrecks.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Tepelhutje

Post by Tepelhutje » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 21:44

I have several issues with the recyling:

I built a base with both recycling modules present and one Manticore trying to supply them.

1. When I fly a wreckage manually to the recycler everythign works fine but when I order the pilot to do it in most cases I get an error message " destination not reachable" Originally I thought that maybe I built the base too cramped but even after redesigning iwth lots of space around the recycling module this still happens. I succeeded once to command it when I first parked the manticore directly in front of the module but that can#t be the solution.

2. For some reason after ordering the Manticore to recycle a wreckage it refuses to use tracel drive for following commands only crawling with normal speed through the sectors. When I reload the problem is solved. When I enter the ship myself and take the seat it says " docking aborted" (even though there was no dicking command present in the command queue). I suppose there is a ghostly dock command from the "dump wreckage into recycler" action stuck somewhere

3. Already mentioned that wreckages despawn way too fast, most of the time I cannot salvage somethign from a neighboring system, the despawn should be stoped when placing a satallite or a navigation signal close by.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 22:57

Some feedback :

1) Sometimes tug ships decide to go for the same ship wreck (real destroyed ship). Of course a ship wreck can be towed by one tug ship, so the rest of the ships just idle around the wreck while still "pointing" their "collect salvage" order to the already-being-towed wreck. Please change this! Only one tug ship per wreck!

2) One big issue is suicidal tug ships.
Example situation : I have several of my destroyers blockading the gate from Hatikva's Choice 1 to the Xenon sector Tharka's Cascade. A Xenon invasion happens, with some Xenon fighters and Xenon K's. Just when a single Xenon fighter gets destroyed, all Manticores immediately charge in to get the wreck like a bunch of hungry vultures, disregarding any dangers like Xenon K's which are still in the area, resulting in all Manticores getting killed. Perhaps ships with salvaging duty should scan the target area for any enemies and only consider a wreck valid and consider moving close if no enemies are found in a certain radius around that wreck.

3) Wrecks that are desired for salvaging are often despawned, probably due to the automatic cleanup routines. Refresh the despawn duration of a wreck to, let's say, 5 to 10 minutes, each time a tug ship decides to salvage a wreck, to give the tug ship a fair amount of time to get it.

4) It happens quite often that a tug ship has "Commander is not equipped to process scrap" in their log, when my station had 2 Scrap Processor modules.
Is it a bug? Or are Scrap Processor modules busy once they received a wreck and can't accept another wreck until the processing of the current wreck is done?
Not enough feedback is given to the player about what is wrong.
I think Scrap Processor modules should accept wrecks in their input opening and tug ships should keep collecting wrecks as long as there is enough solid storage available, whether Scrap Processor modules are busy should be irrelevant for accepting further scrap and storing them into the solid storage.

5) The Scrap Metal Module does not have the usual description describing its production phase as a production module. All other production modules have information like efficiency, additional output/h, time until next production cycle finishes, time until resources are depleted, product/h, resources/h, etc. Please add those to keep it consistent for all production modules!

6) Others have mentioned it already, but I agree that tug ships are a bit too fragile. I don't want them to have real weapons, but adding 1 or 2 more shield generators would help a lot, especially with their current suicidal tendencies. Perhaps more shield generators could fit on their "wings".

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 00:08

Thankfully Beta 2 fixed some of the AI issues with scrap collecting, but I still have some issues:
1-wreck fields can't be used by the AI (they can't target the wrecks), I already manually scrapped 120 ships by collecting them from a wreck field in matrix #something.
2-wrecks with 0 wares should despawn quickly since they can't be used and would confuse tug ships.
3-The scrap collector eats lots of energy , which I guess is intentional keeping in mind that avarice will be on of the most efficient energy producing system yet, it dose make smaller collecting station more complicated than it should.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 04:51

What sectors have scrap fields that can currently be scavenged? So far all of the ones I have checked contain L sized wrecks which are too big to tow so require a not yet implemented ship to harvest.

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 09:24

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 28. Jan 22, 04:51
What sectors have scrap fields that can currently be scavenged? So far all of the ones I have checked contain L sized wrecks which are too big to tow so require a not yet implemented ship to harvest.
Matrix #79B has 2 wreck fields, go to the 2nd one (the larger one), there you will find ship wrecks from X rebirth between the larger wrecks, they might be hard to spot at first, but when you notice them once, you will be able find them pretty easy. These wrecks can even spawn with the whole 1000 scrap, so they are pretty juicy :D

Rehax
x4

Post by Rehax » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 13:40

The ship is flying and does not know where to lower the details of the ships. he constantly writes no buyers. That is, what he picked up he is trying to sell.

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 17:49

Test result after 12h non stop running of game with only salvage station as my propperty

8 intake of scraps "module" and 180k solar power income from panels.
2 salvage modules the normal and terrans all this on same build and have had no issue beside it use to much power. i recomend take down power consumption about 20 to 25%
Other than that is have run fine no incidentents at all

used new game with editor.

Report end.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”