[1801][5.10 Beta 1] Arcadian Endeavour is capturable after helping the Ministry

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Delu
x4

[1801][5.10 Beta 1] Arcadian Endeavour is capturable after helping the Ministry

Post by Delu » Mon, 4. Apr 22, 19:20

Even though I really like the posibillity to capture the ship, I think this is a bug.

I was able to capture the Arcadian Endeavour after helping the Ministry of Finance in the last story quest of the Stranded Game Start.

When you side with the Ministry and destroy the Engines of the Arcadian Endeavour you can fly to the bridge of the Arcadian Endeavour and find a signal to capture the ship. After scanning the signal the ship is yours and important characters like Maestro can be found on board. The ship also keeps its "special character on board" icon.

A savegame with me in my spacesuit, right above the signal, can be found here: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... ml.gz.html

Maybe the ship could be the regular reward for betraying the crew of the Arcadian Endeavour :mrgreen:

Diroc
x4

Re: [5.10 Beta 1] Arcadian Endeavour is capturable after helping the Ministry

Post by Diroc » Mon, 4. Apr 22, 21:47

Even if you side with Arcadian Endeavor, it's boardable IIRC after the quest. You may have to kill Ace to do it though.
The named freighter stolen earlier in the chain is also available if you are so inclined.

Enjoy your trophy. It's not the only ship with NPC's you can board. The chain is finished.
Our Great Duke's Flaming Halo is the same way at the end of the quest.
It's a ship with furniture (NPC's) after all quest significance has been used up.
There isn't any real reason it shouldn't be capturable.
It's nothing special.
Our Great Duke's Flaming Halo is rather suicidal.
As such, this seems like a nice feature to save an NPC from certain death.
There is no real reason to prevent the player from doing this.

Mentioned here by me:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=445293

Capturing a ship containing an NPC could potentially be the start of a quest chain where you first have to "Rescue" the NPC by boarding a hostile ship to gain access to the NPC.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”