[TESTREQUEST] Jolt Physics

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Warchild
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Jolt Physics

Post by Warchild » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 08:09

killerog wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 10:25
FankX wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 17:22
Not exactly sure but i think its Physics related.

I was trying to kill one of those "bad" ships which are flying around stations normally, and I found one which didn't had any kind of collision (my weapons nor the station):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5848_1.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 0205_1.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5858_1.jpg

Sadly i can't provide better images or more informations about which ship had this issue.
Experienced the same thing but so far only on one ship.
Sadly I couldn't do much better with the Screen Shots either so I just gave up.
Nothing I showed seemed to show the non-collision of ship fire nor station fire let alone the items ability to fly through the station.

I have also noticed I'm not the only one to have a problem shooting some of the Escape pods or Criminal vessels. NPC's also seem to be unable to destroy them as well.
I first noticed it when I was capturing a Scaleplate Behemoth.
The Destroyer dropped some escape pods and the local authorities stopped firing at the destroyer (Lucky for me, they almost destroyed it) and started shooting at the escape pods and none of them seemed able to hit them. Missiles just passed through them as well as their weapons fire.

I've experienced this multiple times, but its erratic and hard to reproduce seeing as the Civilian extra small ships are randomly generated, a save isn't really going to send the same ones out.. At least I believe they are random.
For me it could be a Scaleplate Green pirate ship or civilian ship flying around a station. I haven't encountered a capital ship doing this but I'll keep checking on it.
So far I think its limited to small fighters and civilian ship.
On a side note, during the Terran Mission deploying a satellite, the Xenon T-Scout ship was also like this as I was directly behind it and was trying to shoot it to no avail. However with that ship, its difficult to know when I've not hit it at times as it is VERY fast.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 08:26

Warchild wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 08:09
killerog wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 10:25
FankX wrote:
Not exactly sure but i think its Physics related.

I was trying to kill one of those "bad" ships which are flying around stations normally, and I found one which didn't had any kind of collision (my weapons nor the station):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5848_1.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 0205_1.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5858_1.jpg

Sadly i can't provide better images or more informations about which ship had this issue.
Experienced the same thing but so far only on one ship.
Sadly I couldn't do much better with the Screen Shots either so I just gave up.
Nothing I showed seemed to show the non-collision of ship fire nor station fire let alone the items ability to fly through the station.

I have also noticed I'm not the only one to have a problem shooting some of the Escape pods or Criminal vessels. NPC's also seem to be unable to destroy them as well.
I first noticed it when I was capturing a Scaleplate Behemoth.
The Destroyer dropped some escape pods and the local authorities stopped firing at the destroyer (Lucky for me, they almost destroyed it) and started shooting at the escape pods and none of them seemed able to hit them. Missiles just passed through them as well as their weapons fire.

I've experienced this multiple times, but its erratic and hard to reproduce seeing as the Civilian extra small ships are randomly generated, a save isn't really going to send the same ones out.. At least I believe they are random.
For me it could be a Scaleplate Green pirate ship or civilian ship flying around a station. I haven't encountered a capital ship doing this but I'll keep checking on it.
So far I think its limited to small fighters and civilian ship.
On a side note, during the Terran Mission deploying a satellite, the Xenon T-Scout ship was also like this as I was directly behind it and was trying to shoot it to no avail. However with that ship, its difficult to know when I've not hit it at times as it is VERY fast.
On a side note ( Sorry for the quoting, no reply feature)..
After leaving the system and sometimes the area, the NPC's are able to destroy the "Invulnerable" Escape pod or small fighter.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 04:33

6.00 b6 Ship Station Collision deadlock in High Attention (Windfall Union Summit I)

Beginning Emperion Curs Plot I fly in with a Colossus with a a docked Cerberus docked Mercury Vanguard (WAP-013) and with food rations which I queue up a few station deliveries around Union Summit.

I arrive on the Arcadian Endevour and collect the contraband and fly to the Cerberus. I notice that the Mercury Vanguard (WAP-013) has become stuck undocking. ( It is in fact enmeshed with the underside of the station docking platform. I can teleport over but cannot take command from the ships captain.

When I leave the sector the change from High Attention to Low Attention the Mercury will proceed.

savegame

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 08:23

Boarding capsules sometimes stick to the ship for a few seconds and then the steering and propulsion are inoperative.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 20:48

6b7 and the physics has improved a lot! i had a list of issues and this list 8s almost empty now 🥰

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 05:59

When getting close with a ship to other objects it has the effect the ship is not controllable anymore. Mostly happened to me when preparing boarding using a destroyer, when getting close or touching the hull of the target ships, i lose control and stuck in place relative to the other ship. Way out it to leave control, AI will move away.
Also got this once, when using autopilot, my S ship collided with an asteroid, got stuck to the surface while the asteroid flying away with me and my ship stuck to it. Again, leaving pilot seat solved the problem. Was funny actually riding an asteroid... :mrgreen:
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:49

Xkuka wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 05:59
when getting close or touching the hull of the target ships, i lose control and stuck in place relative to the other ship.
Ships have a "gravity well" or slipstream effect on each other. You shouldn't lose total control though. Strafing, boosting or turning away while accelerating should still work.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 00:39

Katorone wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 21:49
Xkuka wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 05:59
when getting close or touching the hull of the target ships, i lose control and stuck in place relative to the other ship.
Ships have a "gravity well" or slipstream effect on each other. You shouldn't lose total control though. Strafing, boosting or turning away while accelerating should still work.
I dont mean the gravity well, i mean when i ram a L class ships with my L class ship, or just get very close, controls get funky up to complete loss. And in case of L class, i dont mean ramming at hight speed, i mean bumping while taking their turrets out. But that happens also to other sizes, as explained with the asteroid example, and those dont have a gravity well.
But maybe you have a point and this has to do with the gravity well, but not as intended. Just the other day i took over a Mammoth that was in a fight with a K, it wasnt so close, a few km, but i could not steer the ship, and it appeared to be trapped in the influence of the K and moved with the rotation of the K. I had to load an earlier safe, because that was a messed up situation where 3 of my destroyers just hugging around happily the K and get beaten up by its turrets.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 00:40

"i took over a Mammoth"
Behemoth, sorry mixed that up...^^
***Never not modified***

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 04:54

Xkuka wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 00:39
I dont mean the gravity well, i mean when i ram a L class ships with my L class ship, or just get very close, controls get funky up to complete loss. And in case of L class, i dont mean ramming at hight speed, i mean bumping while taking their turrets out. But that happens also to other sizes, as explained with the asteroid example, and those dont have a gravity well.
But maybe you have a point and this has to do with the gravity well, but not as intended. Just the other day i took over a Mammoth that was in a fight with a K, it wasnt so close, a few km, but i could not steer the ship, and it appeared to be trapped in the influence of the K and moved with the rotation of the K. I had to load an earlier safe, because that was a messed up situation where 3 of my destroyers just hugging around happily the K and get beaten up by its turrets.
Interesting. Can't say I've had anything like that happen to me, but I think my playstyle is very different. I've capped maybe 2 ships in all my hours of X4, and play submarine combat simulator by maneuvering my Raptor or Rattlesnake just out of reach of a K/I's turrets but well in mine.
Could boarding actions have anything to do with what you're seeing? I'm thinking it could be a counter to the drive-by-capping, maybe?

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 10:00

Katorone wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 04:54
Could boarding actions have anything to do with what you're seeing? I'm thinking it could be a counter to the drive-by-capping, maybe?
Nope I usually start boarding after i disabled the target. But when i think about it again, its actually not logical this is directly related to the physics. I think more of this collision avoidance, because AI can steer the ship away from the object when i got stuck. So it seems something is overwriting controls. But i have collision avoidance turned off. So its a hunch, but i have no idea really. :gruebel:
I will try to test a little bit, so far i just have tried to avoid it happening again.
***Never not modified***

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 15:36

I'll turn off collision avoidance as well, and see if it starts happening here too.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 11:08

FankX wrote:
This was one of the ships:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5410_1.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5405_1.jpg

I was just spinning and flying through everything on its path.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 11:19

I don't have a save before this happened, but I was just manually flying an Albatross Vanguard in Avarice IV heading to the Avarice I accelerator, when the tide hit my ship and suddenly it went from being in travel drive to flying backwards at -600ms. My ship continued to act as if it was being pushed by the tide, unable to stop or accelerate into it until the tide ended.

Normally I'd try to repeat it and upload a save, but since I can only attempt this every hour it might be easier to set up a test on Egosoft's end. I did however make a quicksave while it was happening on the off chance that reveals anything: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12g295y ... sp=sharing

For the record autopilot was off at the time despite the guidance.
***modified***

hyperflare
x4

Post by hyperflare » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 12:53

Split L habs have a too-large collision box, making it hard/impossible to scan data leaks created by EMP bomb.

See http://www.mediafire.com/file/6upzaq0r0 ... 004.xml.gz

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 16:42

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XSCjDm ... share_link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gy4Uqq ... share_link

Thats fun, was in my space taxi getting a ride to the PIO sectors while managing my business on the map. AI pilot was driving. Noticed the engine sound changed, and well, i literally picked up an operational frigate, half stuck into its landing bay, and dragging it along my way while spinning around the shared center of mass. Luckily i had my towel in the inventory, so 42, everything is fine. :D
But in serious, i had to teleport out, could not resolve it while in high attention. I would assume the collision happened after leaving the short highway in Antigone Memorial.
***Never not modified***

Vadi
x3ap

Post by Vadi » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 13:16

Shooting at the targetted criminal doesn't seem to do any damage - and they also seem to be flying through the station nilly-willy. Collision detection not working, perhaps? Save game: https://we.tl/t-QeDvqGS0KK

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 00:49

Objects are getting stuck in Osaka, quite often.

Current example, Osaka & Syn merged into each other, everything happend while in sector.
On map: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2856_1.jpg
external view: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2909_1.jpg
savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/173glD5 ... share_link

This happend with wreackages too, especially Xenon P, they fly into the ship which causes a acceleration in a random direction.

Also a "merge" with my freigther happend a little bit before: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4031_1.jpg
While trying to unload wares.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 14:10

i see a lot of ships flying through the s/m docking model till they finaly dock
also i see a lot ships stucking in objects like energycell modules the asteroid at the player HQ ...

happens mostly when ships dont got a "clear" pathway to a landing area and when pilotet by AI ....

cant provide a savegame atm because i sold those ships ...
when i find again some ships stucking or flying through the docking module model i try to make a save

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 14:11

Halpog wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 14:10
RC 1 and beta step 6+7
i see a lot of ships flying through the s/m docking model till they finaly dock
also i see a lot ships stucking in objects like energycell modules the asteroid at the player HQ ...

happens mostly when ships dont got a "clear" pathway to a landing area and when pilotet by AI ....

cant provide a savegame atm because i sold those ships ...
when i find again some ships stucking or flying through the docking module model i try to make a save

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”