[Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Targ Collective
x4

Re: [Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 22:22

To my delight a certain disco is not interrupted by Cinematic Mode. Which leads to me thinking it would be awesome if this mode were to have different music tracks - ship class, faction, civilian or military, the tracks could change based on the ship or station type. Definitely needs to be tied to the faction that makes the ship, because the player faction can use different race-origin ships.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Nekrobob
x4

Post by Nekrobob » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 01:22

After testing for a while I realize that 70% of the time I only see the back of the pilot's head in a fight, and most of the time the camera is so high (cockpit cam) that you can't see anything of the fight. Also from the outside, the camera is unfortunately mostly suboptimal (in fights) and rarely aligned with the target.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 18:00

With adding civilian and military streams, to me cinematic mode feels "feature complete", and rest is polish.

Also, love that ship orders are listed too! One of them was cut off because text was too long "seeking XYZ wares", but there was still space to display it.

One polish feedback I have is that, now that number of options is quite extensive, is updating UI so it's clear at the glance what each key changes (change channel isn't obvious it's military vs civilian, for example), and which options are locked vs not. For example, when I opened live stream with F6, I saw I had the option to rotate sectors, ships, (forgot exact wording), but I wasn't sure if that's rotating within same faction, or same sector, or just anywhere randomly.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 15:00

No comment!!

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 14:11

This seems to be a rare bug, however when in cockpit view on Cinematic Mods the pilot will rarely switch stations leaving the ship unmanned for a moment. If I understand the logic, the player present is supposed to be left a station free, for SETA, and the pilot is leaving the pilot station free because the game is expecting one more person in the cockpit than is actually there.

This has been seen to occur on either the Falx, Jian or Katana and I am sorry to say I do not know which, and seems to be caused by the pilot being assigned relief pilot duties because of an assumed presence of the player character when in cockpit view. Check three-station M ships, and be prepared to wait, because this is a rare bug.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

hyperflare
x4

Post by hyperflare » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 22:02

Would be nice if cinematic mode worked better with a paused game - the blending fade-from-black transition creates the impression of a fully black screen/crash/error etc.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 05:23

I press the key to switch HUD and nothing happens. The black bars seems shorter than the translucent black bars and they both appear at same time.

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 12:33

jojorne wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 05:23
I press the key to switch HUD and nothing happens. The black bars seems shorter than the translucent black bars and they both appear at same time.
Could you explain the issue in more detail? Does the HUD toggle not bring back the UI overlay? If so, how did you access the live stream view? Via a conversation, via the interact menu or via F6?
Otherwise as a general note, Shift+H only gets rid of the text and the semi-transparent black background. F8 disables the letterboxes which is what the solid black bars on the top and bottom are called.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 17:22

First, my input map in case you need (inputmap.xml).

I access it with Ctrl+F5. And here you can see a translucent bars with an opaque bars at the same time.

Both bars in detail.

Here I pressed F8 to toggle cinematic borders. You can see a translucent bars.

And toggle HUD (F11) does nothing.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 17:31

Multiple views at same time, is it possible? 🥰

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 14:18

jojorne wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 17:22
First, my input map in case you need (inputmap.xml).
And toggle HUD (F11) does nothing.
Thanks for the extensive bug report. We are looking into the issue.
In the meantime, you can try binding it to CTRL+F11 or a different non-F key.

Vadi
x3ap

Post by Vadi » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 18:34

I found the live stream view a bit awkward to use:

* it's not obvious what the difference between a different location and a different object is - it seems to do the same thing.
* the camera angles feel like they're moving a bit too quick and I'd love an option to lock in the camera angle itself.
* I got access to military live feed as well but it's not intuitive how can one enable it or how it is different from the usual feed.

Love the concept of the feature however and would love to see more polish on it!

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 18:59

Vadi wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 18:34
I found the live stream view a bit awkward to use:

* it's not obvious what the difference between a different location and a different object is - it seems to do the same thing.
* the camera angles feel like they're moving a bit too quick and I'd love an option to lock in the camera angle itself.
* I got access to military live feed as well but it's not intuitive how can one enable it or how it is different from the usual feed.

Love the concept of the feature however and would love to see more polish on it!
different location should change sector, while object, use the same sector, right? and i agree, the camera moves and switch too fast >.<

oh! yes, the usual feed will only show mining ships while the other will show combat ships like ships on patrol.

Vadi
x3ap

Post by Vadi » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 10:31

The channel lock feature in 6rc1 confused things further, as both channel and object lock seem to lock onto the object you're viewing?

Vadi
x3ap

Post by Vadi » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 12:31

jojorne wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 18:59

oh! yes, the usual feed will only show mining ships while the other will show combat ships like ships on patrol.
I can have a live stream of a Terran ship in another sector and I've got a -15 relationship with the Terrans... confusing feature :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”