[Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

sirdeiu
x4

[6.0 beta 3] Live Stream HUD disable in station

Post by sirdeiu » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 10:19

Hi guys,

Start a new game, for example The Unworthy Entrepreneur, press F6 for Live stream, press SHIFT+H, the HUD is hidden or shown. Go to Manager's Office there, Talk with Manager, choose 1 Show me the Live Stream, press SHIFT+H, HUD is disabled, but then pressing SHIFT+H does not bring it back anymore. Pressing ESC works though.

Also, (BUG or intended?) the mouse cursor is not hidden with the HUD in live stream mode.

Otherwise, best feature ever for dynamic wallpaper :)

Miniding
x4

Re: [Feedback][6.0 Beta 1] Cinematic Mode

Post by Miniding » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 23:12

Hi there,
Very good implemented feature for now.
I've regulary went on Beta but rarely posted though.

This feature gives effectively a very breathing side to X Universe indeed ! Sometine, when behind a NPC, the cam seem to try to follow he head movement making cam shaking when NPC moves his head...
I don't know if it's possible but it would be less shaky if the ankor point was caracter movement independant... It will make video smoother when NPC run on stations for exemple.

I hope I'm clear :gruebel:

Amazing job Team !!!
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 10:58

For me, if I select "live stream" on my ship in another sector in a middle of a fight, all enemy are invulnerable. Anybody seeing this?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 11:37

Ships viewed using the cinematic camera do not have physics. It's not that they are invulnerable; it's that the bullets have nothing to hit. This is known, and we're working on it.

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 14:11

SupraRZ wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 19:55
Pejot wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:23
Tested on Beta 3. Thank You for adding all the new options. What I can tell right now is that everything works nice except choosing live stream on specific ship from the map. It causes huge fps drop that way while just going via F6 doesn't affect fps. It seems the map is still affecting the fps if live stream is opened that way.
This is because the map is still rendering in background,halves fps ,devs need to code a map close on livestream and open on F1
Thanks for the report. This has been fixed in Beta 4.

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 3] Live Stream HUD disable in station

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 14:50

sirdeiu wrote:
Sun, 19. Feb 23, 10:19
Hi guys,

Start a new game, for example The Unworthy Entrepreneur, press F6 for Live stream, press SHIFT+H, the HUD is hidden or shown. Go to Manager's Office there, Talk with Manager, choose 1 Show me the Live Stream, press SHIFT+H, HUD is disabled, but then pressing SHIFT+H does not bring it back anymore. Pressing ESC works though.

Also, (BUG or intended?) the mouse cursor is not hidden with the HUD in live stream mode.

Otherwise, best feature ever for dynamic wallpaper :)
Thanks a lot for reporting this problem. We have been able to reproduce it and will work on fixing it.

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 12:52

[posted originally in X4 general forum]

Hello @Ego Devs,

I am still enjoying X4 very much... but have a suggestion.

You are making some significant changes and the addition of the cinematic camera for version 6.00.

While you are at it... can you fix or add the option to make the default follow cam (keyboard=2) to pitch slightly, so as not to be looking directly at engine exhaust/light please?
see: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=posts (Better Follow Camera)... If you make the fix, we don't need to MOD our games.
...also when in external camera mode, any chance of adding a speedo and status icons somewhere on the screen... cheers.

Alternatively, to include a save/retrieve bespoke camera positions similar to how MSFS2020 does it... so CTRL 1, 2, 3 etc saves camera position and ALT 1, 2, 3 etc retrievies them.

Many Thanks
Leafcutter
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 24. Feb 23, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 23:56

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 19:54
Good point from Reddit: cinematic camera can change OOS scenario to IS, which is sometimes strategic decision
This is a good point indeed.
But there's no detailed description from developers about this.
Instead of guessing maybe we should ask directly.
So @egosoft does live camera affect attention level?

As a feedback, I like features with "cinematic" in their names and always liked to stare at things around noticing beauty of the environment.
I am looking forward to see beautiful events with this feature.

My suggestion to the cinematic mode:
Now there's a transition to another location which happens like:
current scene -> black screen -> another scene
can this be updated to
current scene -> current scene fades out/another scene fades in -> another scene
?
So user will spend less time with black screen.

Thank you!
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 00:06

af_2017 wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 23:56
Yes, it does. In the current version that change doesn't include physics, though, but we hope to be able to change that.

Nekrobob
x4

Post by Nekrobob » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 10:45

I like the camera mode itself but I find the transitions much too fast and the movements of the camera itself much too fast. This constant turning of the camera is too annoying for me in the long run. It would be nice to have camera modes/angles to switch through where the camera moves only minimally or not at all.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 27. Feb 23, 11:54

Why Cinematic Mode shows current command of any target, even hostile?

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 12:13

chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 17:53
Awesome - this feature is about to become really big! Especially the option to watch the live stream in the ship interaction menu!

:?: Did you guys already discussed about adding the live stream in a mini-monitor like we had them back in X² / X³? Would be nice to watch my problem childs while doing my own stuff...
Hello, regarding your question, I think the most recent interview with our CEO answers that.
While we agree with it being a cool feature, it's unlikely to make it into the game in the foreseeable future due to the performance impact it would have on the game.
The Borons are Back: A Talk with Egosoft's CEO on X4 Kingdom End

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 12:18

S!rAssassin wrote:
Mon, 27. Feb 23, 11:54
Why Cinematic Mode shows current command of any target, even hostile?
In the current implementation, you should only be able to view live streams of non-hostiles and it only shows their orders. If that's not the case, please let us know so we can look into it.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 21:55

Just read these two posts in this feedback thread :
Pimpace wrote:
Thu, 23. Feb 23, 10:58
For me, if I select "live stream" on my ship in another sector in a middle of a fight, all enemy are invulnerable. Anybody seeing this?
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 23. Feb 23, 11:37
Ships viewed using the cinematic camera do not have physics. It's not that they are invulnerable; it's that the bullets have nothing to hit. This is known, and we're working on it.
CBJ wrote:
Sat, 25. Feb 23, 00:06
af_2017 wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 23:56
Yes, it does. In the current version that change doesn't include physics, though, but we hope to be able to change that.

Does this have the same meaning as for the issue in my thread
"Laser Towers have low or no damage in LiveStream mode ?"
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=452188
or is it different because lasers not have 'bullets' than 'Physics' works on ?

talon_65
x4

Post by talon_65 » Tue, 7. Mar 23, 10:40

Love the new Feature however I don''t like the constant motion. Where I understand that if i'm looking at a a friendly's camera I would have no control of it but if I select Live Stream from one of my stations I would love to be able to control the camera using the number pad like in 3rd person view and hold it there. For instance I set a defense station with tons of turrets aimed at a Xenon entry point. Would love to just watch that position without the camera constantly switching and moving around.

Egosoft-Daniel
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Egosoft-Daniel » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:19

exogenesis wrote:
Mon, 6. Mar 23, 21:55
Yes, this is most likely the same issue.
The latest beta (Beta 5) contains improvements to physics in live stream view. Please feel free to give it a try

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:11

Egosoft-Daniel wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:19
exogenesis wrote:
Mon, 6. Mar 23, 21:55
Yes, this is most likely the same issue.
The latest beta (Beta 5) contains improvements to physics in live stream view. Please feel free to give it a try
Yes, that's much better, beta 5 now hits the target ships in Cinematic mode,
& laser towers are now destroying them, similar to as in high attention mode.
Much more fun :)

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 23:24

Egosoft-Daniel wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:19
Do these improvements amount to making live stream view equivalent to high attention entirely? Or is it still a lesser attention level (so we have high low and medium now?)?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 23:57

Attention level has never been a simple high/low thing. There are actually about a dozen different levels, but some of them are more important, and make much more difference, than others. To complicate things further, the modelling of physics doesn't correspond precisely to an attention level! All in all, there's no simple answer to your question!

Nekrobob
x4

Post by Nekrobob » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 11:30

It would be really great to see the explosions of the hostile ship i have my cinematic cam focused on. Now, if it`s destroyed, the cam will switch and i cant see it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”