[#578][6.0 Beta1] - Bug in saving game - after loading missing stations

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

LightCz
x4

[#578][6.0 Beta1] - Bug in saving game - after loading missing stations

Post by LightCz » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 00:24

I started clean game without any mods on 6.0 and
I just encountered very nice gamebreaking bug - i mean not for me. Just after quicksaving and loading - PIO lost multiple stations (my satelites deployed near the original stations are still there, but the station went missing - And i am not talking about some minor stations but PIO just lost their shipyard)

If you want i can provide savegame

Update: After SECOND restart of the game - to the windows and back - loading the same savegame the stations are back like nothing happened. I think there must be some kind of race condition bug in loading or similar kind of undeterministic behavior (good luck hunting - these are the worst)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta1] - Bug in saving game - after loading missing stations

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 01:25

Beta bugs should be reported in the beta feedback forum. I have moved this topic there.

Are you sure the stations did really disappear and were just not visible immediately after load? Otherwise this sort of issue is known to be caused by something interfering with file reads causing X4 to not completely read save files, losing any entities stored in the affected parts of the save file, and also mark the game as modified.

LightCz
x4

Post by LightCz » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 14:11

Hi,
Actually no, I also notice this that uf you play really really long time (actually I felt asleep before the computer) and then you load something some assets are actually missing - Xenon ships attacking my Osaka. The ships are actually there but they are not visible on map - if you teleport to this ship they are invisible on map too - but they are there. Maybe the stations were there all the time but invisible on map - I am not talking about immediately after load - 5 minutes after load they still were not on map. Also my computer is fast enough to really mitigate such performance issues. Maybe some kind of memleak?

LightCz
x4

Post by LightCz » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 14:14

Also my game was not marked as modified - sorry to forget about it in previous topic

LightCz
x4

Post by LightCz » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 14:41

I made a screenshots to be more clear

Notice the time - it is from the save file - First Observe the fog of war in Brennans Trimumph - it is weird, but ok that is playable

https://ibb.co/6cK64Fj

Zooming in - Still same file after long time of play - Do you see those satelites ? They were near the station? Whats going on? Also fog of war is gone?
https://ibb.co/WHDR0xw

But when you restart the game (completely to the windows) and load the same file back - TADAAAAAAA stations are back. See?
https://ibb.co/0CjgYXW

Also how does one edit the post I dont really like to send another post - it creates unnecessary spamming the topic

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 15:08

LightCz wrote:
Sat, 28. Jan 23, 14:41
Also how does one edit the post I dont really like to send another post - it creates unnecessary spamming the topic
The PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST thread at the top of the forum wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48
Note: In order to prevent problems with the timeline of discussions being lost, the ability to edit or delete your own posts has been disabled in this forum.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 16:07

Icons not loading on map has been reported here -> viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451296#p5157191

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”