[6.0 Beta 2]Ships stuck at gates if the avatar is a passenger

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Miravlix
x4

[6.0 Beta 2]Ships stuck at gates if the avatar is a passenger

Post by Miravlix » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 13:04

If I have my ship piloted by the captain and it's either doing it's default (Fx. dock somewhere) or doing a direct job I told it to, it will sometimes not travel through gates, it will arrive at the gate and sit at 0 m/s travel speed.

Teleporting the avatar off the ship and it travel again.

Can't give a save as if I save and reload that also remove the stuck condition.

Not sure if it being a fast ship is a factor, I keep being in a fast ship when it get stuck, because I mostly travel in fast ships...

Caribou89
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2]Ships stuck at gates if the avatar is a passenger

Post by Caribou89 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 19:40

Similar thing happens with docking as well. Pilots seem to be nervous performing infront of the PC. It's not 100% of the time but I have had it happen enough times I've rolled back to 5.1 for the time being.

meatay
x3ap

Player ships cannot enter gates when in sector

Post by meatay » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 21:17

I couldn't find anything covering this specific topic but sorry if I missed it.

In the current beta as of Feb 1, player owned ships (whether piloted, player onboard, or player just in sector) cannot enter a gate when the player is in sector.

It seems like they hit a wall, no matter what speed they are travelling. I am still able to play as I don't mind playing OOS for most of the game.

I don't know what details help in troubleshooting this.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Player ships cannot enter gates when in sector

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 22:30

The required helpful details are in the 'rules & read before posting' sticky thread second on top of this forum.

Is your issue similar to this report?

Have you verified your game installation since the last beta update and is your game modded?
Last edited by Ketraar on Thu, 2. Feb 23, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing topic
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Underdogs90
x4

Post by Underdogs90 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:18

I have pretty much the same problem. (Vanilla)

When aboard a ship as a Passenger, the ship sometimes stops moving anymore after closing up to a gate it is supposed to fly through or while approaching a station for landing.

Especially when getting close to a gate, it seems that the ship is missing the point in front of the gate, where it should stop to turn it's nose toward the gate for flying through.
Instead of that, it's flying straight on for a few kilometers and starts decelerating when it reaches the area behind the gate. Quite similar behavior when getting close to a station for landing. But no collisions so far! It just stops mid-space.

This happens not very often, maybe once every 20 successful landings/gate passes.
After changing the target destination (e.g. moving the point a satellite should be placed at), the ship starts moving again and will work just great for another 20 gates before it stops working again.

I already tried several ship-types of the S and M-class, but that didn't change anything about that problem. Sometimes the problem even occurred when sitting on the pilot-seat while flying by autopilot, but less common.

X4-Version: 6.0 BETA (429699)

SystemInfo:

Time of this report: 2/2/2023, 18:52:11
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: MS-7C96
BIOS: 1.50 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 28566MB RAM
Page File: 24571MB used, 12186MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Display Memory: 22332 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8050 MB
Shared Memory: 14282 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1748
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Thu, 2. Feb 23, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info on behalf of poster

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 11:53

Would appreciate if any of the reporters would include a save where the issue can be reproduced, thanks in advance.

MFG

Ketraar

Underdogs90
x4

Post by Underdogs90 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 20:35

I will upload a save on monday, as I am on vacation for the weekend. Pleas be patient until then.
But already thanks for the response!

meatay
x3ap

Post by meatay » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 20:49

I forgot to disable mods but for me it happens all the time. I actually just noticed that it happens to all ships, not just player owned ships. This happens when Player is within high attention range but not when player goes to OOS or low attention range.

Here is my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SSJ5Sg ... share_link

I will try to disable my mods and get a clean save file tonight if I have time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 21:07

Third party mods, even if disabled, are already embedded in saves and so make them not suitable for beta testing and investigation. Please test in a vanilla game using a fresh gamestart if that is the only way to get there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Underdogs90
x4

Post by Underdogs90 » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 21:51

I just uploaded a save for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03j3rwhrdq3rb ... ml.gz?dl=0

You may try for a while, but after like half an hour of playing and an estimated 30 jumps, the ship got stuck at the south gate of Silent Witness I. (Take a look at the picture.)

This is pretty much the same position relative to the gate the ship always stops to while getting stuck.

A while later it happened again at the north gate of Pious Mists II

This is the save after getting stuck:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42toal7k1nvfw ... ml.gz?dl=0

Another "Feature" i just found is, that my ship is always landing through the roof of the Terran shipyard at Mars. But as there are already plenty reports about crash-failures I don't want to open a new thread for that.

If you need any further information, just let me know.
Attachments
Stuck Ship.jpg
Stuck ship at Silent Witnes

theslay

Post by theslay » Mon, 13. Feb 23, 14:08

Maybe related, maybe not, but in my game it seems related to a problem with autopilot taking over while a npc is in command of a S ship and i'm on board.
The ship will get stuck jiggling at the entrance of the station -happens mostly when entering docks with closed ceiling (but not terran ones, or docks with open ceiling).
If I take command at this moment, I can see that the autopilot is activated for some reason. If I desactivate it and let the npc take control back, he will land the ship just fine.
However my game is heavely modded so it could be that (but I don't have any mod that should alter docking behavior)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”