[DUP][#654]Lift in M/S-Dock

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

bdoblinger
x4

[DUP][#654]Lift in M/S-Dock

Post by bdoblinger » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 19:03

When i use the lift from M-Dock to S- Dock, I'm not able to leave the Lift.
:xbtf: Gruß Bernhard

Wer Fehler findet darf sie behalten!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Lift in M/S-Dock

Post by CBJ » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:00

We cannot do anything with such a vague report. Please see the forum rules, and provide the information requested there. At the very least we would need a picture showing which lift you mean, but a savegame would give us far more chance of actually working out what the problem might be.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:54

I think what the OP means is a bug that was already reported a few times by various players:

1. Go to a wharf, for example.
2. Inside the wharf, go to the M dock level (the 1st floor).
3. Walk to one of the lifts which lead upstairs (to the 2nd floor).
4. Use the lift for going up.
5. Notice you either fall out of the lift while it moves upwards or get stuck.

The other way around (from S docks level down to M docks level) works.

You can use my save game here where I'm in a wharf:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGg9vJtIjAGgbtKLRa ... A?e=jOmW4R

Use the teleporter to get to the M dock level, then use the lift to go up.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 05:18

A few things to add.

If you keep jumping while going up you will fall through the elevator floor.
If you keep jumping while going down you will actually go through the roof of the elevator, and then you can fall through the elevator floor and end up stuck at the bottom, similar to the issue of getting stuck while going up.

I have been able to reproduce these problems at all of the lifts on Wharfs & Equipment Docks S/M. Both Common Wealth and Terran.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfuhb8m5e7jk0 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 00:47

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 29. Jan 23, 20:00
We cannot do anything with such a vague report. Please see the forum rules, and provide the information requested there. At the very least we would need a picture showing which lift you mean, but a savegame would give us far more chance of actually working out what the problem might be.
I have reported this earlier and even provided a save but nobody seemed to care. However, I can understand this is a minor issue. Here is the link to my post.
viewtopic.php?t=451483

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 10:22

@ Cyron43: "nobody seemed to care" Why would you think that? From the rules Sticky:

"Note: We are not able respond to to all reports individually. This does not mean that we are ignoring them. All reports will be read, the findings analysed and, where appropriate, fed into our development process. We may respond to some reports, for example to request additional information, ask people to try again with the latest update, etc."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 10:22
@ Cyron43: "nobody seemed to care" Why would you think that? From the rules Sticky:

"Note: We are not able respond to to all reports individually. This does not mean that we are ignoring them. All reports will be read, the findings analysed and, where appropriate, fed into our development process. We may respond to some reports, for example to request additional information, ask people to try again with the latest update, etc."
I apologize.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”