[6..0 beta 2][bug] Can't complete fleet assembly mission

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

xiltrin

[6..0 beta 2][bug] Can't complete fleet assembly mission

Post by xiltrin » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 03:29

Fleet Assembly mission from holy order Cannot be completed is requires a corvette and 3 fighter but does not want to accept the corvette as one of the ships. I have tried a Nemesis Sentinel and Katana.

Game save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvyzdaeenmmq9ov/x4.7z?dl=0

xiltrin

Re: [6..0 beta 2][bug] Can't complete fleet assembly mission

Post by xiltrin » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 02:27

I have encounter this bug a few times now with different fleet delivery missions. It appears to happen when a ship for the mission moves through the objective area and then leaves before you talk to the mission giver to transfer the fleet. The mission seems to get stuck in between the objectives. Where the mission giver want to contact you but the fleet requirement is not completed anymore.

rmicro1
x4

Post by rmicro1 » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 21:03

I have the same issue in Beta 3. My Colossus continued to fly through the objective meeting area and now the Mission description is stuck at 4/5 Transfer Ownership of Fleet. Moving the ships in and out of the zone do not change anything nor cause the transfer prompt.

Here is my save:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 17. Feb 23, 21:49

Those missions work well in 6.0. They also have a failsafe if people ignore the intial owner ship request calls.

The basic rules for these missions are:
  • Type A - ships with exact loadout and type requests have to ONLY have the equipment requestet. Even adding one additional turret or shield will make the ships invalid
  • Type B - ships with class request only (1 destroyer, 10 heavy fighters...) can be fulfilled with any ship of that class, no matter the faction; but all shield and weapon slots have to be filled
  • Target locations might be above / beneath the ecliptic. Hold shift while moving the target on the correct elevation
  • Big ships tend to stop before reaching their target - make them fly "through" the target area let the mission register them
  • The call for transfering ship owner ship will be reported until you finally answer it
  • You have to close the map in order to be able to receive the call
So tl:dr - they work, just be patient and pay attention to the details.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

rmicro1
x4

Post by rmicro1 » Sat, 18. Feb 23, 02:40

I have completed this mission dozens of times including during the Beta. All the ships are built according to the correct specs in the mission briefing. This time however, they flew into the mission zone, the mission was being flagged complete and waiting for communication from the mission provider. The Colossus kept flying through the zone before being contacted to transfer the fleet to complete the mission and receive the reward. After, the mission is stuck showing 4 out of 5 ships in the zone even though all are in. I've flown all the ships out of the zone and it still shows 4 out of 5 in the zone where normally the count will drop. The mission cannot be completed.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 02:35

game save:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArT62MwDSFt5haZr07L ... Q?e=vegwt7

the assemble fleet mission i currently have is stuck. i have made extra ships and sent them to the location and it's not accepting any of them. normally if you remove ships from the area the counter counts down to signify the ships are no longer in the area, but not this mission. when you move ships out of the area the counter stays at 6/7. the mission is broken.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 04:02

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 17. Feb 23, 21:49

So tl:dr - they work, just be patient and pay attention to the details.
most of the time yes. but it's not helpful to come into a thread and say "it works for me" when a bug is reported. unless you have a fix for when it's really broken. thanks.

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 21:27

hi,

Issue still present in beta RC3, waiting for more than 5 hours now. happy to know that sometime it work, but I think too there definitely is a bug.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”