[#539]Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Reginald_CZ
x4

[#539]Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall.

Post by Reginald_CZ » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 15:33

When playing Paranid civil war plot, mission "A small errand", I have objective to create data leaks by EMP bombs at the Apotheosis point of interest at Pontifex's Claim sector. So far I was unable to complete this objective due invisible walls being around the object - when I was trying to fly more inside it, as the game's objective marker was suggesting me, I hit an invisible wall. When I tried to create EMP data leaks at its outer walls (you can see my position in the attached save), I now can't scan the data leaks, because when I try to get close enough, I eventually hit some invisible wall. This makes me unable to continue the plot, unless there is some better place at the object.

To reproduce the issue in the plot.:
1.Get Paranid Civil war plot accessible (by completing PHQ and HAL storylines and then getting at least neutral rep with both Paranid factions).
2. Start doing the plot, until you'll get the quest "A Small Errand".
3. Doing this objective, you'll be instructed to create data leaks by EMP grenade at the Apotheosis point of interest at Pontifex's Claim sector.
4. Try creating data leaks as being instructed.
5. Find out that during the travelling around Apotheosis you hit many invisible walls.
6. When trying to scan the created data leaks by you, notice that an invisible wall is blocking you from progressing.

In case that this can be also tested outside of the plot (when I got to Apotheosis outside of the Paranid plot, I got threatened that I will be shot down if I won't move away from the object), the steps to reproduce the issue are.:
1. Get to the sector Pontifex's Claim.
2. Find there Apotheosis point of interest.
3. Try travelling around the point of interest (mostly at its upper or down side).
4. Try creating and scanning some data leaks by EMP bomb at Apotheosis.
5. Notice that the invisible wall is making you unable to travel around the object properly, nor being able to scan the data leaks.

I am attaching my save, with the created data leaks and at the position, where the issue happened. The link to the save is.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxcczpawwq58f ... ml.gz?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 2 (492699)] Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall being around i

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:49

That sounds similar to this more general issue and to this one.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 2 (492699)] Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall being around i

Post by Reginald_CZ » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 17:32

So far I had no problem with scanning random data leaks at the space stations (outside of the plots or random missions), but true is that there I was scanning them in my spaceship. So it looks like that this is an issue of the player spacesuit collision detection.

That also means that during the bug reproduction steps (both plot and non-plot way) the invisible wall and data leak scanning testing must be done in a space suit.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [RES][#539][6.00 Beta 2] Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall being around

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 18:40

This may have been fixed already after beta 2.

MFG

Ketraar

Reginald_CZ
x4

Re: [RES][#539][6.00 Beta 2] Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall being around

Post by Reginald_CZ » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 13:49

In case that the info would be needed in the future, I loaded the save and tried if I can scan the data leaks from my spaceship. And I have noticed an interesting thing - while I wasn't able to scan the data leak from the 8m distance at my spacesuit, I was able to scan it from my ship at 30m and less distance. There the collision detection seemed to me to be same for both spaceship and space suit (even in space ship I wasn't able to fly through the holes of Apotheosis).

I think that unless the future fix will fix it, the spacesuit should get more scanning distance like the spaceship has to avoid such issues in the future. Like it was already suggested in the other mentioned threads.

Staur106
x4

[6.00 b2] Still can't scan Leak in spacesuit

Post by Staur106 » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 02:23

Hello i just cant get to hit some wall or the the sud to bog haha.
here is a clip to show what i mean
https://www.dropbox.com/s/27b1uut9lc96u ... 2.mp4?dl=0

Here is a save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81gxh1zatbvs ... ml.gz?dl=0
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 1. Feb 23, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info to title

rmicro1
x4

Post by rmicro1 » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 04:39

I can confirm that this issue still exists in Beta 2. I am currently trying to do this mission with the same invisible wall preventing getting close enough to scan data leaks in the space suit. This also happens with other stations. Some sections of a station module work but others parts of the same module (ex Advanced Electronics Production module) have the collision border be too far out from the wall or the opposite where you fly through the wall. Both can prevent scanning of data leaks.

Kuun_Dawg
x4

Post by Kuun_Dawg » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 05:17

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 18:40
This may have been fixed already after beta 2.

MFG

Ketraar
I can confirm that it has NOT been fixed.

Kuun_Dawg
x4

Re: [RES][#539]Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall - fix after beta 2

Post by Kuun_Dawg » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 05:34

Found a work around. Create the leak on the door(s) to the Apotheosis. I figured there would be less collision elements near the doors since you're supposed actually enter the thing and sure enough, I was able to get close enough to scan the leak that was created.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [RES][#539]Unable to scan created data leaks by EMP bomb on Apotheosis due invisible wall - fix after beta 2

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 11:31

@ Kuun_Dawg: "This may have been fixed already after beta 2."

What Ketraar means is that the devs have now fixed this sort of issue on their system and the fix will be issued in a build after beta 2.

schorsch_76
x4

PAR Plot: Apotheosis Scan Bug

Post by schorsch_76 » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 19:33

I tried to start the PAR Plot on 6.0Beta3 but i cant scan the apotheosis. The EMP bomb was launched, the 4 signal leaks appeared but i cant scan them. THey stay 6 m away from me and i cant reach them.

See attached save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19BisWn ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 23:01

@ schorsch_76: This issue was intended to be fixed in beta 3 - although the b3 changelog specifically mentions ship-claiming leaks rather than EMP bomb ones. I have flagged this up to the devs.

schorsch_76
x4

Post by schorsch_76 » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 18:57

I just tried this on Beta4 and it still persists. (I know, if it isnt written, it isnt fixed. Just want to make sure its known.)

liverlips

Post by liverlips » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 13:54

Definitely not fixed.

Can scan some of the leaks - but on average about 50% of them will be unscannable - can't get close enough.

An easy fix may be to just increase spacesuit scan range to 10m or so. Usually I can get 5m away but no closer.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

[6.00 Beta 4] Data Leaks Unreachable Due to Collision Model

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 15:13

Some data leaks spawn in unreachable locations, often due to the collision model. This can be replicated by spawning data leaks with e.g. EMP bombs in the following ways:
  • Either go to a Split station and pick an area of the station hull that is depressed compared to other segments. Data leaks spawning there cannot be reached.
  • Data leaks spawned on an unused large turret surface on a station cannot be reached, the collision model of the turret (that is not there) doesn't allow the player to get close enough.
  • Sometimes, data leaks spawn below the surface of stations making them either not visible or even unreachable (they can still be located in scan mode). Very random as far as I can tell.
  • During the missions for Dr. Feynman (after the joint long range scan part), the player is supposed to scan a data leak on the PHQ. If you have modules built (terran in my case), there's a chance that the leak spawnes inside the structure, being impossible to reach. WORKAROUND: deconsruct the module, wait a few minutes, the data leak will respawn somewhere else.
I will try to get some screenshots the next time this happens.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”