[6.0 Beta 1] Miners don't sell to own station - Pricing issue.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Chef_de_Loup
x4

[6.0 Beta 1] Miners don't sell to own station - Pricing issue.

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:18

In the start the miners worked well and sold the minerals as expected to my station but now they just hanging around and do nothing while the cargo is full. Station is set to accept from anyone but lowest price and miners are set to sell only to my faction.

Savegame can be found here: quicksave.xml.gz

Chef_de_Loup
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 1] Miners don't sell to own station

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:38

After some more testing it seems to be an price issue. They don't like the minimum price so I increased it step by step. The higher the price the faster they start to move to the station. It's weird as I don't think that this behaviour was the same in 5.1. Can someone confirm this case?

XenoXenoson
x4

Post by XenoXenoson » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:47

Looking at the save, it looks like the miners are set to local automine on their own, and don't consider your station's trade to be 'good enough' for them to sell. Raising the prices on your station resulted in all the miners immediately docking and selling their wares. I imagine if you waited long enough the miners would 'give up' and decide to sell to your station.

But I'm left wondering why you have a dozen miners automining with a trade blacklist rather than just having them assigned as miner subordinates to the main station? You have a gas miner already doing that.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 1] Miners don't sell to own station - Pricing issue.

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 12:05

As mentioned above this will be much different if the miners are set to auto trade or if they are subordinates to the station. In auto trade they will look at all stations and obey rules of trade for all stations including yours. You can add a trade rule to only allow your miners to sell or add them as subordinates, which will make them mine based on storage demand and ignore the pricing comepletely.

MFG

Ketraar

Chef_de_Loup
x4

Post by Chef_de_Loup » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 20:15

XenoXenoson wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:47
Looking at the save, it looks like the miners are set to local automine on their own, and don't consider your station's trade to be 'good enough' for them to sell. Raising the prices on your station resulted in all the miners immediately docking and selling their wares. I imagine if you waited long enough the miners would 'give up' and decide to sell to your station.

But I'm left wondering why you have a dozen miners automining with a trade blacklist rather than just having them assigned as miner subordinates to the main station? You have a gas miner already doing that.
They stayed there for more than an hour doing nothing with full cargo. That never happened in 5.1 with my experience.

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 12:05
As mentioned above this will be much different if the miners are set to auto trade or if they are subordinates to the station. In auto trade they will look at all stations and obey rules of trade for all stations including yours. You can add a trade rule to only allow your miners to sell or add them as subordinates, which will make them mine based on storage demand and ignore the pricing comepletely.

MFG

Ketraar
All my miners in this system are set to only sell to my faction, so they shouldn't look at other stations. If they have only one chance to sell their stuff, why do they wait and don't sell?

XenoXenoson
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 1] Miners don't sell to own station - Pricing issue.

Post by XenoXenoson » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 01:10

Local Automine is a behavior that's designed to mine for a single resource in a sector and look for the best possible trade opportunity. My understanding is that that while they have a full cargo hold, they'll look for offers at a certain price, then lower their expected sell price each check until they find a trade that matches the critera. This is intended to find the best price in the system to sell their goods. This behavior isn't meant to supply your own stations, especially at a fixed minimum price. I suppose it could work with multiple stations in the same sector with automatic pricing eventually, as the ones that need it most would raise their prices over time, but this isn't ideal.

If a station needs raw materials, it's always better to assign them as a Mining subordinate. That or have a trading station set up with solid/liquid storage and haulers to bring the goods where they need to go. Having a dozen automining shipsr have to decide to sell to your station for pennies isn't the intended use.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”