[RES][6.00 b2] PHQ won't trade - Explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

temetvince
x4

[RES][6.00 b2] PHQ won't trade - Explained.

Post by temetvince » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:09

Running 6.0 Beta 2
My HQ won't trade for wares. I've included a save game. Other stations trade fine. If you look I have a 5 star manager and a station selling the wares to buy within 5 sectors, yet the HQ assigned trader refuses to trade. I left the game running for 7 hours, not a single trade. It appears that the trader's trade wares get erased after he begins!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At6bb8th7HZtmJFBLB8 ... g?e=barKMb
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 31. Jan 23, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00 b2] PHQ won't trade

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 16:04

You have a trader order restriction in your fabrication bay to only trade with your faction.

MFG

Ketraar

temetvince
x4

Re: [6.00 b2] PHQ won't trade

Post by temetvince » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 20:29

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 16:04
You have a trader order restriction in your fabrication bay to only trade with your faction.

MFG

Ketraar
Thank you for taking a gander. I'm not seeing how this is relevant since what I'm attempting to do is actually trade with my faction.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.00 b2] PHQ won't trade - Explained?

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:25

Well its not clear from you post, all you said is that it doesn't trade. The Fabrication bay does not "trade" with you unless you order ships. NPC would trade but as mentioned you blocked it with a trade rule, so its not clear what your expectation is.

MFG

Ketraar

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:27

I'm sorry I didn't explain well! I have a station selling the wares the phq wants within 5 sectors, but the PHQ won't trade with my station.

XenoXenoson
x4

Post by XenoXenoson » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 00:57

Your PHQ doesn't have any piers, so the Barbarossa can't trade for it. Assigning a random Boa to trade works fine.

Keep in mind that your PHQ has a lot of incoming wares and traders will only move one type of item at a time, so it's going to take a long time to get everything you need with only a few traders operational. Setting up some repeat orders to transfer wares may be more effective than relying on the traders to guess which ware to transfer on their own. Also you don't need to set 'Sell all but 1' to sell items off- they'll automatically sell all goods in the storage and keep the order there. This function is only used to keep a reserve in place so they don't sell them all.

I will say that I thought I remembered there being a specific warning message for 'No dock available'. 'No Trades Found in Allowed Sectors' is not a great description of the issue.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:12

XenoXenoson wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 00:57
Your PHQ doesn't have any piers, so the Barbarossa can't trade for it. Assigning a random Boa to trade works fine.

Keep in mind that your PHQ has a lot of incoming wares and traders will only move one type of item at a time, so it's going to take a long time to get everything you need with only a few traders operational. Setting up some repeat orders to transfer wares may be more effective than relying on the traders to guess which ware to transfer on their own. Also you don't need to set 'Sell all but 1' to sell items off- they'll automatically sell all goods in the storage and keep the order there. This function is only used to keep a reserve in place so they don't sell them all.

I will say that I thought I remembered there being a specific warning message for 'No dock available'. 'No Trades Found in Allowed Sectors' is not a great description of the issue.
I feel so silly! Thank you for finding my issue. I hope it wasn't a waste of everyone's time, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a beta bug. I agree, a more helpful description to the error would be beneficial.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:37

temetvince wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:12
I agree, a more helpful description to the error would be beneficial.
Just to be clear there wont be a way to cover all "player error" cases with matching messages, how does the game know you want piers on your station? Maybe one player only wants S/M docks. Also the Traders look for possible trades and report when they cant find any, they too don't know you want them to trade with a specific station.

MFG

Ketraar

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 17:22

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:37
temetvince wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 16:12
I agree, a more helpful description to the error would be beneficial.
Just to be clear there wont be a way to cover all "player error" cases with matching messages, how does the game know you want piers on your station? Maybe one player only wants S/M docks. Also the Traders look for possible trades and report when they cant find any, they too don't know you want them to trade with a specific station.

MFG

Ketraar
In this case I think it's a pretty easy thing to figure out: If you assign a trader to a station that can't dock the trader, give an error message. However, for the purposes of bug investigations we can safely close this issue. Thanks again.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”