[FEEDBACK][6.0 Betas] Pathing = Better

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

[FEEDBACK][6.0 Betas] Pathing = Better

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 21:51

Another positive feedback topic :

Pathing of ships with an NPC Pilot (me stood in the cockpit hands off) seems to be overall quite a bit better than it used to be.

I use to have a topic with lots of saves / videos of pathing issues, particularly pathing on the approach to S/M Wharfs, or Terran stations which dock you internally. I dont think I have access to that topic anymore, but I also think it is no longer needed.

The final approach to S/M Wharf (enclosed) docks is still a bit jiggly, but much better than it used to be pre-6.0

Pathing on the approach to stations in general (and taking off) there are far less instances of flying through the structure of the station. It still happens occasionally, especially on large very complex stations where the dock can be a bit of a pathing nightmare because it was built without due consideration to an easy approach (I have one station which is guilty of this flaw).

Honestly, @Egosoft I Dont know how you pull off the magic of pathing in this game, its a very complex issue, but it looks like the game is now maturing in this respect. Thank you for the hard work put into this.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”