[6.0 Beta 2] Build HQ Storage: ship transferred too many items - Probably explained.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Moray

[6.0 Beta 2] Build HQ Storage: ship transferred too many items - Probably explained.

Post by Moray » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 00:50

My Cerberus Sentinel had a full cargo bay of Energy Cells (2112 m³). My Headquarters wanted 103 Energy Cells to build a Container Storage. I ordered my pilot to Transfer Wares and dragged the Energy Cell slider all the way across for the full 103. After docking, my Cerberus has an empty cargo hold and the build storage has 2,112/103 Energy Cells in it (and targeting it shows storage capacity of 2,112/2,000!). Though I was able to order it to pick 2,009 of them up again. I'm sure pre-Beta dragging the Trade Offers Build Storage slider all the way transferred the amount of the buy offer, not the total amount in the ship.
Moray
"To err is human; to purr, feline."

XenoXenoson
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Build HQ Storage: ship transferred too many items

Post by XenoXenoson » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 01:04

'Trade With Build Storage' is the command you were referring to. That acts like a regular trade and only allows the amount of the buy offer.
'Transfer Wares with Build Storage' allows you you to put however much you want in there. Useful if you want to stockpile building materials, and wares from deconstructed modules go in there as well.

Moray

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Build HQ Storage: ship transferred too many items

Post by Moray » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 21:25

XenoXenoson wrote:
Wed, 1. Feb 23, 01:04
'Trade With Build Storage' is the command you were referring to. That acts like a regular trade and only allows the amount of the buy offer.
'Transfer Wares with Build Storage' allows you you to put however much you want in there. Useful if you want to stockpile building materials, and wares from deconstructed modules go in there as well.
Oh I see – that makes a bit more sense. Though it still shouldn't have transferred more than the target inventory's capacity: 2,112 used of 2,000 available looks a bit silly. It should have stopped at 2,000.
Moray
"To err is human; to purr, feline."

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”