[#670][6.0 beta 2] Graphics getting corrupted

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Skydiver12

[#670][6.0 beta 2] Graphics getting corrupted

Post by Skydiver12 » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 18:49

Issue was first encountered in 5.1, then in beta 1, still present in beta 2. Could have been present in earlier versions too but reporting it here as I've recently played the beta most time.
Random graphic elements are getting corrupted - most often pieces of NPC clothing, but also ship interiors, ship windows, sometimes text. It can be more than one item but always similar ones.
Attaching an example screenshot where the hair, hands and boots of two NPCs are having the issue as well as dxdiag/vulkaninfo. Not attaching a save as even on my PC reloading the save would not reproduce the issue.
Issue usually appears while the game is paused and minimized - full screen/borderless/window does not seem to natter. Issue reliably goes away when saving and reloading or when choosing "Restore Graphics Settings to Default". But default graphics settings is how I play anyway and it dosn't prevent it from occuring or reoccuring - seems the process of resetting the settings itself is what fixes it until it reoccurs. The issue presents the most concern when text is the thing that gets pixelated as it affects the menu too and I have to find the save or restore graphics options blind. Aside from that it's a minor annoyance.
Attachments
20230128173842_1.jpg
DxDiag.txt
(90.59 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
vulkaninfo.txt
(73.42 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 2] Graphics getting corrupted

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 23:05

What would help the most here would be if you could provide two copies of your config.xml file, one with the settings as they are when the problem occurs, and one when you have just reset them and everything is working normally. :)

Skydiver12

Re: [6.0 beta 2] Graphics getting corrupted

Post by Skydiver12 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 02:28

Sure, the issue had happened as I had minimized the game to read this so it was fast. (it does not happen everytime I minimize so cannot be reliably reproduced but was in luck this time)
Attaching the file copied before and after graphics reset and screenshot before and after.
The xml files seem identical when I open them but I double-checked the "date modified" so am confident they are the right ones and that the graphics reset overwrote it at the time I did it.
Attachments
X4Bug.zip
(932.06 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”