[DUP][6.0 Beta 2] Defend Position markers can't be shift dragged

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Wultan
x4

[DUP][6.0 Beta 2] Defend Position markers can't be shift dragged

Post by Wultan » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 22:19

The new Defend Position markers can't be shift dragged to move them vertically.

BTW: The area for defend position, collect loot and attack all enemies in range should be a infinit length cylinder and not a sphere. Because a cylinder is intuitiv expected when looking at the 2D projection called map.

Greetings
Wultan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Defend Position markers can't be shift dragged

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 22:47

The first part would be a beta issue if that was working in that way in the previous release version. Do you have a link to a vanilla save that shows the issue for dev testing please?

The second part is a gameplay suggestion and does not belong here. Neither does it appear to be very sensible if you don't want your ships disappearing for ages going far too high or low from the desired central origin. It would also be complicated and not at all 'intuitive' if you had tilted the map plane. Searches and positional defence, etc should always just have an origin and a radius in 3D.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 00:16

Don't think a save would help.
I can shift drag other things like ships destination. Only the defend position markers don't do it.

My suggestion concerns precisely the movement of the marker. This is a possible solution for the bug I reported.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 11:13

This has ben requested in the [Feedback]Defend Position Feedback thread that is pinned at the top of this forum.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”