[#578][6.0 Beta 1] Objects failing to load on the map bug

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Ragnos28
x4

[#578][6.0 Beta 1] Objects failing to load on the map bug

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 23:39

Hello, there is bug consisting in objects failing to load on the map (a xenon I in close proximity).
It looks like this: https://youtu.be/4xU8z_FKoY8

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sYXfnT ... share_link

Note: the occurance of the bug is random, may require multiple loads to reproduce it.

Artean
x4

[6.0 Beta 1] Xenon K disappears from map after reload

Post by Artean » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 21:15

Approaching K is not visable on sector map.

Save:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqj3TMmywRM3igVjyq7 ... U?e=o1Rpfo
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

foxxbl
x4

Re: [#578][6.0 Beta 1] Objects failing to load on the map bug

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 08:37

Hi!

I can report the same issue - NPC stations and ships disappearing from the map:

This is the real map:

Link to the save.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 08:39

As the OP noticed, this happens randomly on game load. Last time situation persisted on every subsequent load until I restarted the game.

maverikstation
x4

Post by maverikstation » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 10:20

I have the same issue after loading a save game and if I press pause key just after loading.
If I don't press the pause key , items load.
I hope that can help you

On this image, you can a xenon's station on background and not on the map
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2925281995

I'm on 6.00 beta 2
_Waric

rmicro1
x4

[Beta 2] After loading save missing map items

Post by rmicro1 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 23:33

I have noticed in both Beta 1 and 2, if I were to load my save and the load it again a 2nd or more, opening the map doesn't show all the objects in the system anymore. It shows roughly half the ships and stations that are actually in the system. There can be a ship or station directly in my view but it may not show up in the map until I manually target it by clicking on it. Then once I click elsewhere, the ship or station disappears from my map again.

This is reproducible for me everytime on reloading a save. I have zero mods, completely vanilla. In order to have all objects show up again, I have to exit the game and then load my save.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Beta 2] After loading save missing map items

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:16

Please provide the information requested in the forum rules at the top of the forum, in particular your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, and in your case a config.xml file and your savegame would also give us some chance of being able to see what the problem might be in your case.

rmicro1
x4

Re: [Beta 2] After loading save missing map items

Post by rmicro1 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 02:27

I PM'd the link with the requested information. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Ketraar on Fri, 3. Feb 23, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing topic

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 11:11

Thanks. For future reference, please add the link in the thread rather than sending it by PM, so that it can be accessed by the relevant people.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:01

I am observing this also. Spawned objects such as defense stations, mines, and local traffic (created by a mod) become invisible to the map when you reload the saved game. Strangely though they are all still in existence and functioning within the game itself.
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 13:06

Once again, without at the very least the information requested at the top of the forum including your DXDiag and vulkaninfo, and preferably also a savegame, "me too" posts don't help us find and fix problems.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 21:23

Apologies I got to the thread via the search and hadn't seen the OP requirements to post...

A descriptive title (not just "It's broken!!!").
As per the thread title - however I now think this issue might be a question of speed of delivery rather than complete disfunction. A new start of X4 and a load of a save-game appears to function as expected and all objects are immediately visible. But if one plays the game and then reloads the same save-game, pre-existing objects take a variable amount of time to appear on both the map and in the radar (sometimes a few seconds, sometimes much longer leaving the player wondering "where is everything?")

If your report involves performance, graphics/sound issues, hangs or crashes, then add your system specifications in the form of a DxDiag and VulkanInfo report.
Not sure if this bug is any of the above but I've included all the files I think you need via this BTcloud link

The version of X4: Foundations that you are running, including Beta patch version and hotfix number where applicable (e.g. "1.30 Release" or "1.31 Beta 1").
X4 6.0 Beta 2 (492699)

A description of the problem and its symptoms, including any error messages received.
See above - no error messages

The location in the game where the problem occurred, and the circumstances which led to it, where applicable.
Seems to occur regardless of which sector you are in.

If you are able to reproduce the problem, then please include the steps someone else should take to do so.
  • Startup X4 (fresh)
    Load save game (see link above)
    Run game for a few minutes
    Reload same save-game
Any additional information that could help trace the problem, including screenshots, crash dump files and savegames (see below).
See link above

Anything else, please give me a tinkle :)
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

CuriousBlue
x4

Post by CuriousBlue » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 23:38

I can confirm this issue happens in 6.0 Beta 2 as well. Savegame attached.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czSDgY ... share_link

Happens directly on Reload, however as other Posters stated multiple reloads might be required.

For the Issue to be observed check the Holy Vision Gate to Faulty Logic. Inside of the satellite coverage is a fleet of HOP ships which become completely invisible on the map as soon as issue occurs.

Easisest way to reproduce: Load my savegame as quicksave, check region on map, if it looks ok, reload via hotkey, check again , etc.

see attached screenshot for the region ( correct display without issue )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QLzGEE ... share_link

attached screenshot for the same region ( with Issue happening )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLRuFt ... share_link

If the issue occurs can somehow be fixed by toogling the advanced satellite seen on the the screenshot on/off several times ....aka did you try turning it off and on again :D

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:52

still happening in beta 3

vanilla save, stared in beta 1, smugglers start

keep reloading this save to probably get the bug, the missing ship is the one with mission guidance, a miner

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x16ymag3l7qa3 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Reginald_CZ
x4

[6.00 Beta 3] Objects like ships and turrets won't show on radar after reloading a save during game session

Post by Reginald_CZ » Tue, 14. Feb 23, 00:11

I have noticed that when loading a save (for example a quicksave) during already running game session, after the save is loaded, the objects like spaceships or turrets don't show on the radar, nor on the map. The solution to fix this issue is either restart the game and load the save after restarting, where it seems work. Or opening and closing the map makes the objects show up on the both radar and map as supposed.

To reproduce the issue.:
1. Get as much ships and objects of various rep (neutral, friendly, hostile, etc.) as possible around you.
2. Save the game and the reload the save which you have just made.
3. If you can still see the objects on the radar and map, reload the save again.
4. Notice how the objects around you became suddenly invisible for the radar.

To show the problem I am attaching save where are neutral Yaki ships around me. Load this save at twice in the row (or once if you are already running a game session) and now see how they suddenly dissapeared from the radar.
The save is at.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sgagly89sq7p ... ml.gz?dl=0

The same issue also happens to me on space stations, but this time with NPCs who don't spawn there at all. My steps when it happened was when I had a save while being docked at a space station, I could see its crew member walking in front of my ship. But when I reloaded the same save during the game, the crew member didn't show up. Same for the mentioned criminal, who at the same time spawned outside of the space station.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”