[RES][6.0 beta 2] ship not picking up collectible, and shows no errors - no repro

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

rudi_pioneer
x4

[RES][6.0 beta 2] ship not picking up collectible, and shows no errors - no repro

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:17

Save: https://file.io/LwMo56D6535S

Scout refuses to pickup deactivated laser tower mk1, and stays still for long time without moving. Cancelling and repeating order didn't help.

I've included the save, but once i reloaded the save, it started to work again :(

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 2] ship not picking up collectible, and shows no errors

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 11:49

Yes its not reproduceable for me either so might just have been a fluke.

MFG

Ketraar

ScarletEmerald

Re: [RES][6.0 beta 2] ship not picking up collectible, and shows no errors - no repro

Post by ScarletEmerald » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 03:14

This is probably an instance of this bug
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451093

Pickups cannot be collected, but saving and reloading fixes the issue.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Re: [RES][6.0 beta 2] ship not picking up collectible, and shows no errors - no repro

Post by Reginald_CZ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:36

As this bug happened to me in beta 1 when I tried to collect my laser turrets MK 1 (I did report it in another thread), it sounds that it can also happen to AI. So I can confirm that this issue can and is still happening, but also with other items floating in space.

In my case saving and loading helped too. Or when checking it out, if I tried long enough to collect it, eventually it got collected as supposed.

And it seems to happen randomly, as in my case usually I am able to pickup stuff fine. And this bug with stuff flying though my ship and not being collected happens rarely for me.

Now thinking about it, maybe the issue happens when an item flies too fast through my spaceship when I drag it to me by "O" key. As when I fly slowly through it or it flies slowly to me, it works there fine.

To reproduce the issue try collecting stuff with any S ship in space. Rarely, it might start flying through your spaceship.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 13:35

Reginald_CZ wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:36
As this bug happened to me in beta 1 when I tried to collect my laser turrets MK 1 (I did report it in another thread), it sounds that it can also happen to AI. So I can confirm that this issue can and is still happening, but also with other items floating in space.

In my case saving and loading helped too. Or when checking it out, if I tried long enough to collect it, eventually it got collected as supposed.

And it seems to happen randomly, as in my case usually I am able to pickup stuff fine. And this bug with stuff flying though my ship and not being collected happens rarely for me.

Now thinking about it, maybe the issue happens when an item flies too fast through my spaceship when I drag it to me by "O" key. As when I fly slowly through it or it flies slowly to me, it works there fine.

To reproduce the issue try collecting stuff with any S ship in space. Rarely, it might start flying through your spaceship.
I can confirm too with a bit of something I noticed (easily reproducable):
If you just "tap" the O key, the crates move very slow and for some 80-100m, then they stop. If you keep doing it again and again they'll eventually reach your ship and enter your inventory, the delay making the magnet process moot I think. If you hold the magnet key longer, they accelerate and drive through your ship ending some 1-2 km behind you. This is easily reproducable, no save needed. Of course, after some time (20-30 mins of playing), this taping process does not work any more and the player has to exit the game (which means some 1-2 mins to close and load the start screen) and open it again (another minute there at best). Then any crates that were showing at 0m(!!!) from the player's ship "automatically" get picked up. The sound can be heard and the notification of picking the crate(s) appears.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Post by Reginald_CZ » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 16:11

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 13:35
Reginald_CZ wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 11:36

I can confirm too with a bit of something I noticed (easily reproducable):
If you just "tap" the O key, the crates move very slow and for some 80-100m, then they stop. If you keep doing it again and again they'll eventually reach your ship and enter your inventory, the delay making the magnet process moot I think. If you hold the magnet key longer, they accelerate and drive through your ship ending some 1-2 km behind you. This is easily reproducable, no save needed. Of course, after some time (20-30 mins of playing), this taping process does not work any more and the player has to exit the game (which means some 1-2 mins to close and load the start screen) and open it again (another minute there at best). Then any crates that were showing at 0m(!!!) from the player's ship "automatically" get picked up. The sound can be heard and the notification of picking the crate(s) appears.
That reminds me one more issue, which I originally thought should be reported separately, but it might be also connected with the issue in this topic, depending on how AI collects the crates. If I hold "O" key while moving forward the crates or other stuff, instead of being dragged to my ship, they keep floating around me until I stop dragging the items by "O" key and then drag them again while I stop and wait for the objects to get in more distance from me. In case of picking up stuff this way from the spacesuit even when I don't move, they still might float through me or around me.

Gregor Samsa
x4

Post by Gregor Samsa » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 21:07

The vacuum cleaner works perfectly, but the ship does not pick up the containers. In such a situation, if I order an AI ship to pick up the same containers instead of me, it will not do so either. However, OOS seems to have no problem with this.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 23:13

@ Gregor Samsa: In which beta version?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”