[6.0 Beta 2] Hyperexpanded map when in sector.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Gavrushka
x4

[6.0 Beta 2] Hyperexpanded map when in sector.

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 01:32

I'm pretty sure this occurred while using cinematic mode yesterday/day before, but I didn't spot until much later.

The paths of whatever it was that expand from the centre never happening during normal gameplay.

When you leap to a different sector the map resets, but will recur as soon as you return to Profit Centre Alpha. It remains when a save is reloaded.

Save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnoYsE1M89YrgcUCtLz ... g?e=m1S6h2

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnoYsE1M89YrgcUDwq9 ... Q?e=suL8iT

I had spotted earlier this had been reported without a save, but couldn't find it again. - I wonder If the original poster could confirm whether or not they'd also used cinematic mode in the errant overexpanded sector.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 2] Hyperexpanded map when in sector.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 10:45

It can happen in earlier vanilla versions too. Link. The trails in the fog are left by player drones that suddenly head off for some reasons, or by player deployables that collide somehow and shoot off. I think that in either case, the player has to be in sector for the issue to initiate.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”