mouse control is switched off when i stand up from the pilot seat

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Wultan
x4

mouse control is switched off when i stand up from the pilot seat

Post by Wultan » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 17:01

When I stand up from pilot seat and sit down again the mouse control (german Maussteuerung CRTL+SPACE) is switched of.
ATM I have to press CRTL+SPACE every time I sit down on a pilots chair of one of my ships to restore my control method.

Before 6.0 Beta 4 the control method wasn't changed.

Step to reproduce:
1) Start new game (I started as Val Seldon)
2) Sit down on pilot chair and press CRTL+SPACE to enable mouse control
3) Stand up and sit down again
4) mouse control ist switched off

Jangulorr
x4

Re: mouse control is switched off when i stand up from the pilot seat

Post by Jangulorr » Sat, 25. Feb 23, 18:48

Wultan wrote:
Sat, 25. Feb 23, 17:01
When I stand up from pilot seat and sit down again the mouse control (german Maussteuerung CRTL+SPACE) is switched of.
ATM I have to press CRTL+SPACE every time I sit down on a pilots chair of one of my ships to restore my control method.

Before 6.0 Beta 4 the control method wasn't changed.

Step to reproduce:
1) Start new game (I started as Val Seldon)
2) Sit down on pilot chair and press CRTL+SPACE to enable mouse control
3) Stand up and sit down again
4) mouse control ist switched off
AND when you switch ships too. I tend to be the one that uses a L ship to O the lewt cans and teleport to another to control or O the lewt cans and ofc ... same thing lately ... i've needed to reactivate the mouse controls. Though, it does seem more prevalent in 6.4 than it was in 6.3. Though, 6.3 was when I first began noticing it, however, it was considerably less frequent. I just figured I was crazy and never activated it in the first place. lol

spacecadett
x4

Post by spacecadett » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 15:31

This is a very annoying thing in Beta for me. I hate having to constantly turn on mouse control when that is all I use to control the game. The game should remember the last setting and keep it there. Whenever taking control of a ship, autopilot should be disabled automatically and mouse control should be restored to whatever it was before you got up from the last time you were piloting a ship. Or at least give us an option in the settings for always on, always off or default to last setting.

spacecadett
x4

Post by spacecadett » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 03:42

I am disappointed that the new patch was released without fixing this :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”