[#862]Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks - Fix in a build after RC1.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

spacecadett
x4

[#862]Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks - Fix in a build after RC1.

Post by spacecadett » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:12

Hi all,

I'm on version 6.00 494230 and started a new game. Now 2 days 14 hours into the game, I'm fairly confident I've scanned hundreds of data leaks. However, I'm not getting any hacking missions. Only passenger, boarding, sabotage and kill missions. It definitely doesn't seem normal, compared to non-beta.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:19

We're not going to be able to investigate much with so little information. Please read the forum rules at the top of the forum and provide the information requested, including a savegame so that we can see what's happening rather than trying to guess.

spacecadett
x4

Re: Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks

Post by spacecadett » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:27

Thank you for the quick response. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new here. I've spent hours scanning data leaks from various stations in various systems and have not once received a hacking mission in this entire game. Whereas, in non-beta I would at least get one every few leaks. I miss being able to do those missions because they are such easy money and, you know, I like to do a little backstabbing here and there. <snicker> Here is a link to the saved game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jsLrTg ... share_link

I am also attaching dxdiag
DxDiag.txt
(93.95 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Let me know if there is anything else you need.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#862]Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 16:29

Hello,
There are around 300 black marketeers on stations, most of them one zyarth and frf stations. Quite a few on pioneers stations and only very few on paranid or teladi stations.
I would suggest to focus on split space (ignore Argon and Teladi space) - at least for the provided savegame.

We'll keep this issue open internally, because I'm not sure if the distribution is okay. As a question, where did you focus your search?

spacecadett
x4

Post by spacecadett » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 03:51

So,

I spent some hours in Pioneer space scanning stations. I get plenty of black market missions. But no hacking missions. As a test, I went back to non-beta version, started a new game, and within the first hour of playing I had a mission to hack a storage from a data leak on a station in Argon Prime.

spacecadett
x4

Post by spacecadett » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 03:59

To clarify, I was playing the beta version in that same saved game for about a week, randomly spending time here and there scanning for hacking missions in data leaks. Zilch, Zero. There is definitely something wrong. I'm back on non-beta now enjoying my hacking missions which are plentiful no matter where I go.

spacecadett
x4

Post by spacecadett » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 15:33

OK so they aren't as plentiful as I remembered but I am still occasionally getting hacking missions from ARG & ANT stations (in non-Beta). Is the distribution random at the start of each game?

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 14:56

Thanks for the additional info, I took another look and spotted a subtle bug.
This will be fixed in the next build.

... good observation from your side!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 15:15

rboerdijk wrote:
Tue, 14. Mar 23, 16:29
There are around 300 black marketeers on stations, most of them one zyarth and frf stations. Quite a few on pioneers stations and only very few on paranid or teladi stations.
Could you confirm what you men by this? Is this distribution something set in stone? The amount each race gets is something that is defined? I always assumed it was random when you scan leaks. Seems odd to me that teladi get less black marketeers than split.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#862]Not getting any hacking missions from data leaks - Fix in a build after RC1.

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 15:56

This is not my code, but from what I see there are no values defined per race - it's random. It just surprised me that there were so few of some races in that specific save - that's not necessarily wrong though.
The report was for a specific signalleak mission (hacking) and that issue should be fixed in the next build.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”