[RES][#898]BUG 6.0 Beta 5 - Terran Pests, Getsu Fune; Custom Start - Fixed in b6.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

PyjamasInTheDaytime
x4

[RES][#898]BUG 6.0 Beta 5 - Terran Pests, Getsu Fune; Custom Start - Fixed in b6.

Post by PyjamasInTheDaytime » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 17:38

Possible looping bug in the Terran Pests mission. Piloting Geometric Owl.

Piloting:
Geometric Owl

Mission Objective:
Scan <mission target> station

What happens:
I fly to the indicated station but as soon as I arrive the target station is changed to another station in the sector. If I engage short range scan at any station I can only see non-mission signals. This cycle loops repeatedly thus, "scan <mission target station>", fly to and arrive at station, mission target station immediately changed to another station in the sector (including stations previously visited as supposed mission targets).

Variations:
I have used both autopilot and manual flying methods to reach the mission target station, and I have tried using or not using short range scan once at a station.
I have also disactivated and reactivated the mission as well as a full game reboot.

Green E.T

Re: BUG 6.0 Beta 5 - Terran Pests, Getsu Fune; Custom Start

Post by Green E.T » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:21

hi , got the same issue.

send me from station to station , asking me to scan them , but as soon as i reach the station , send me to the next .......

i install terran DLC yesterday , i play in French .

Raven123
x4

Post by Raven123 » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 19:49

I've just run into the same issue, Sacred Warrior game start.

Game keeps moving the navigation marker every time you get near, shifting between 2-3 stations.

Save game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSjOyw ... share_link

Kackstift
x4

6.0 Beta 5 | Torus plot stuck

Post by Kackstift » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 00:52

Torus Plot geht nicht weiter.. Im Sektor "Getsu Fune" springt der Missionswegpunkt von Station zu Station um diese zu scannen. Es bleibt aber ohne Ergebnis.

Iam stuck at the Torus plot. My mission waypoint is jumping between multiple station in "Getsu Fune" sector to scan station without getting a result.

Savegame

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 02:57

same, sadly i have seen this post too late

Mark_J

Post by Mark_J » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 12:00

I have the same problem.

Running Version 6.00 Beta (495135)

Started new game with "The Accomplished Scientist", just picked up the Geometric Owl and sent to scan a station. As soon as I get to the station and switch on the short range scan, I am directed to another station.

I have been going backwards and forwards to Getsu Fune and have scanned about 12 stations but the plot does not progress.

I have had loads of offers for work from the data leaks I have found, but none of them relate to the plot.

Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

Mark_J

Post by Mark_J » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 12:19

Mark_J wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 12:00
I have the same problem.

Running Version 6.00 Beta (495135)

Started new game with "The Accomplished Scientist", just picked up the Geometric Owl and sent to scan a station. As soon as I get to the station and switch on the short range scan, I am directed to another station.

I have been going backwards and forwards to Getsu Fune and have scanned about 12 stations but the plot does not progress.

I have had loads of offers for work from the data leaks I have found, but none of them relate to the plot.

Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

Just a quick update, I set guidance to the Wharf in Antigone Memorial to get some bombs to try and create a data leak to see if this would work and I got a message from the Mission telling me to get a move on. So I tried again as soon as I get near the targeted station, I am redirected to another station before I even scan.

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 22:10

Evening all,

I've also got the same problem

The Untested Explorer start

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rb0jvb3nj789 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Cheers
Ben

mermer

[6.0 beta 5] Critical Main Story Line BUG: Terran Pest

Post by mermer » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:22

I started a new save from 6.0 beta5 including all DLCs. I am now doing Terran Pest quest. Once I captured the Geo Owl, the misssion indicator ask me to go to a refinary factory in the Void to scan the leak. When I got there, instead of showing me where the leak is, the indicator ask me to go to another factory in the Void, not Getsu fune. When I fly to that other factory, the indicator ask me to go to another facotry again, and again. I try to scan some leaks for hours without following the indicator, but they all give me normal quest. I cant advance this main story quest now. I did this quest in 5.1, it normal and smooth. I dont know where going wrong this time. Please help me checking the savefile in the attachment, thank you so much.
Attachments
save_009.xml.gz
(40.93 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

IKu
x4

Re: [6.0 beta 5] Critical Main Story Line BUG: Terran Pest

Post by IKu » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:33

I'm facing the same issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:36

The forum rules wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48
• Please do not add 'Me too' or '+1' posts to threads that add no new evidence, supporting information or steps to replicate the issue; these are of very little value to the investigation.

IKu
x4

Post by IKu » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 21:10

Here is my save file, same steps that the original report.

I've been scanning the same stations 3 hours
Attachments
save_001.xml.gz
(42.11 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

DirkGriffin
x4

Post by DirkGriffin » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 21:52

Hi Everyone,

I have done this mission Numerous times successfully, but now also got this same bug.
The only difference between my other playthroughs and this new one with the bug is that I have used EMP's on the stations for Getsu Fune to unlock modules.
so all the stations in this sector have had me bombing them and scanning the resulting leaks.

Below is my save file in dropbox as its to large for the forum.
This link is viewer permissions, If this does not allow downloading please let me know and I will share edit rights to a moderator to avoid security issues.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Personal Info for bug reports.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650; RAM: 16 GB; Install HDD: WD 1TB; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Game Info:; Version: 7.00 Beta 528865
DLC: SV; COH; TOA; KE
Mods: None

kh2ffx

Post by kh2ffx » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 09:25

Same issue. Wasn't going to bother posting because I'm using mods, but 12 other people can't be playing modded games with the same problem right? :mrgreen:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Link to debug log and save game.

[=ERROR=] 303331.02 Error in MD cue md.Signal_Leaks.PlaceMissionLeakOnSurface<inst:1614ad>: find_object_surface: Ray cast with target 'pier_arg_harbor_01_macro' [0x39546] on 'Argon 3-Dock T Pier' missed - either the specified position was inside the component, physics are broken or disabled, or the object has some really strange coordinate setup. Returning the reference position without applied offset values. Physics space: zone002_cluster_27_sector001_macro [0x393c4]
* Action: <find_object_surface>, line 368

This is probably the most relevant part. Similar logs for stations visited. I was stuck in a loop in Getsu Fune where I would autopilot to a station and the mission would update to another station in sector. This would loop between 5 stations in sector. I deleted two stations with cheat menu, but it then sent me to a station in the void and started looping stations there. I've restarted, shutdown my machine, loaded a save from before the mission start, completed other missions then returned to this one, flown to Torus, tried scanning using other ships and removed some mods, but have the same problem.

Chillwill
x4

Post by Chillwill » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 12:31

I have the same issue. Latest beta version. As soon as i get really close to the quest marked station, it switches to another one, It sends me to the same 3 station in the zone over and over and occasionally a station in the void. I've tried realoading, i've tried staying at the stations i was sen't too and finding data leaks but none of them trigger it, just discounts. Will uploaud save if asked, but since two others already have i will wait and see.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 12:41

@ Chillwill: The more varied the vanilla saves showing the issue, the more thoroughly the devs can investigate and test that any future fixes they come up with will apply in different instances.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Chillwill
x4

Re: [#858]BUG 6.0 Beta 5 - Terran Pests, Getsu Fune; Custom Start

Post by Chillwill » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 13:00

Ok https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jFdo- ... share_link here is my save. This is an unmodded beta game.

Chillwill
x4

Post by Chillwill » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 16:22

Ok good to know, thought maybe it could be releated to the mission but guess it's just normal behaviour then.

kritus
x4

Post by kritus » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 21:20

I also have the same issue - the station I need to scan keeps jumping through multiple other systems and I cannot progress in the story.

Started with the Young Gun start.

Save file can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlaIoPkiEXAkgsE4YQ5 ... w?e=cBk9Lg

sirprosik
x4

Post by sirprosik » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 04:23

Unmodified normal TOA stranded start.

Stranded Start - Lone Wolf - TER@19 - Can not get forged ID as the signal leak keeps jumping to another station once I arrive at the station.
Current save pointing to 5th and 2nd station.
Started with TER Solar Power Station in Getsu Fune then to ANT Ore Refinery in the Void then to TER Orbital Defense Station above ecliptic ~ center zone,
then to Defense Station next to gate to Asteroid Belt, then back to ANT Ore Refinery in the Void,

Tried rebooting computer no luck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyqq1bi679lko ... l.zip?dl=0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”