[6.0 Beta 5] Defense Drones are violently ejected from stations

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Rinne
x4

[6.0 Beta 5] Defense Drones are violently ejected from stations

Post by Rinne » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 02:34

Savegame: save_001.xml.gz

Version: 6.0 Beta 5 on Linux, but I observed the same behaviour in previous 6.0 betas as well.

In the provided save, I ordered an attack on the Xenon Shipyard TUX-552 in Matrix #9.
Once the first ships get into combat range, you should see the Shipyard eject its Defense Drones several kilometers at high velocity.

The drones are also ejected at a very high rate, I guess because the ports are immediately free.
Some drones seem to rubberband back, but most need several minutes to make their way back into the fight.

The behaviour is easiest to see from the map screen.

Scoob
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 5] Defense Drones are violently ejected from stations

Post by Scoob » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 13:42

I observed this in a fresh Beta 5 start. The Argon Defence Platform in Eleventh Hour was launching Drones against an invading Split fleet. I did not notice it when flying around, but when observing the Map. Large groups of Defence Drones could be seen travelling at very high speeds to the target location before rubber-banding back and then seemingly flying normally.

I at first thought they were simply using travel mode to get to the target area more quickly - this would be good - but when they were immediately "pulled" back I could see something was off as they did not turn to face the Defence Platform before being pulled back towards it.

I did attempt to snag a save, but it didn't happened again right away.

For the record, I'm using the GoG Windows version of the game and this behaviour is new to me in Beta 5 - I'd not observed it previously.

Note: I've also never seen a regular Faction Station launch so many Defence Drones so quickly. It only has six S-Class Pads.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 5] Defense Drones are violently ejected from stations

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 14:19

@ devs: Also see this thread with saves.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

alt3rn1ty
x4

[RC1] Station drones being catapulted from a station when launched

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 19:13

Video https://www.dropbox.com/s/31sd4bzzw8mme ... 5.mp4?dl=0
Game save https://www.dropbox.com/s/df8f95gt47xs8 ... ml.gz?dl=0
DXDiag + VulkanInfo https://www.dropbox.com/s/82r1w4nw5qezw ... 23.7z?dl=0

In the video fast forward to circa 45 seconds to skip the game loading.

Now watch as the TEM attack from the north, the station responds by launching its drones ..

.. But they are not just launched, they are catapulted at a ridiculous speed out into space.

I have been seeing this issue as noted in previous posts occur since the first 6.0 beta 1
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”