[6.0 Beta 6] Ship movement by using orders like "guard position"

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Worsler

[6.0 Beta 6] Ship movement by using orders like "guard position"

Post by Worsler » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 03:41

Beta version: 6.00 Beta (495649)

Shiptyp: L Argon Behemod

problem:
if you give any ship a order => attack => "guard position" so your set a location and a smaller range then 40km (i used 9km for my L ships).
i see alot times that my behemon(also alot other ships, also any classes) is boosting(or use fasttravel) to the 40km line and stops on the other side of this guard cycle range.
so ship runs over the middle and stop instand, when ship reach the max (default) quard/attack cycle.

i do not understand why this happend, the ship control / AI max this movement alot with my own ship. i also know pilots control better with more stars, but this happend with a 4*, 3*, 2* and 1*.
so it feels like a bug

solution:
missing value of set range in orders => guard position (also missing order => "attack anything in range"), a default range of 40km was used.

example1:
X4_Lship_moving_crazy

what happend and what do i show at this picture:
my L ship come from top right, its a fresh builded on on the ANT L manufactory in Antigone Memorial

System: "The Void"
location: Between Gate to Antigone Memorial and this Xenon System (sorry i was not into this system now, i have no name)

so i was checking my map, to see if this second Xenon Destroyer is still stoped (i killed there Engines always with a S class ship manuel)

so this L ship fastravel from top right to this botton right in a straight line. when this happend i realize something is wrong with this ranges. so i check my settings on my L ship. but its all still fine guard range is set at 9km.

what i not understand, why is this ship AI or moving script or what ever this movement handle. give my ship a 70km fasttravel order. at this point i realice what happend. (orders missing the right ranges and use sometimes or most times default range / max range that is giving from the game)
i have this problem alot when i use "order" => attack => "guard location" or "repeat" => "attack anything in range" i feels normal on default 40km range but i use often a lower guard/attack radius.
so something was wrong. this is only a example what happend and what i think is happend.

so this problem is happend for any ship class that use this order typ. please optimice this. thats not funny, i also know this crew stars change ship control, but i think here we talk about a bug.

same happens when i use "default behavior" => repeat and then i use "attack targets in range" and i also set smaller ranges for stations / gate defences

example2:
wrongOrbitRange

this S ship is using default 40km orbit his guarding zone. i see this happen alot times. some of my ships do stange things. but this also happend in 5.10

----
english is not my first language and i also new to this Forum game, i like this discord times more then this 1990 foum stuff but, X4 is a nice game and i wont to enjoy it more :D
X4 get me into his ban

Worsler

Re: [6.0 Beta 6] Ship movement by using orders like "guard position"

Post by Worsler » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 06:38

omg so.

so please rework this AI system O_O

here is my savegame that i use in this video. i hope my german UI is not a problem. video is in english. if you have questions ask me.

savegame:
savegame on my gdrive

video:
X4 record on YT

i have no glue. if this savegame is curupte and my AI controll is realy strange now in 6.00 since beta 3. but in some ways i see this simulare in 5.10

my gametime is only 500hours + of X4 so i'm not so deep inside the game.

so back to topic.
in my video at 3m45s you can see. 4 ships using guard location order and thats the 4 ships that sitting somewhere on the default (40km) range and wait for a target.

Worsler

Post by Worsler » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 06:48

what i also notice, after i watch my video.

only the ships with order "guard position" orbit / move

all ships with "attack anything in range" stand still and are not moving

Worsler

Post by Worsler » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 06:52

video was private. no its on "not listed" and can be shown

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”