[BUG b6 (possibly)] Ships that are in internal storage are stuck upon deleting dock and destroyed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Maelstrome26
x3tc

[BUG b6 (possibly)] Ships that are in internal storage are stuck upon deleting dock and destroyed

Post by Maelstrome26 » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 14:17

Scenario:

I ordered 5 manticores to dock to one of my stations. I eventually decided that the number of docks on the dock itself was not enough, so I redesigned the base to delete the current dock module and add on a larger one via the designer.

However, the ships that were on the surface of the dock undocked and flew away, the ships in internal storage were stuck. I teleported to one of them in an attempt to unstick them, but they appear to be all phased into each other and I can't get to the ship controls, there's a door blocking my way. Ironically one door opens, but there are other doors blocking the player.

I let it run until the dock was deleted thinking they'd just be floating in space, however it destroyed my ships still inside the dock. I lost 3 Manticores thanks to this and rolled the game back to a previous save out of frustration.

Please see the save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDu46g ... share_link

Expected behaviour:
Upon the player indicating the dock needs to be removed, an order is given to all ships to undock and fly away from the dock being deleted. Only once the ships are safely out of the dock should it start getting deconstructed.

Actual behaviour:
The dock immediately starts deconstructing, trapping all ships in internal storage inside until their inevitable destruction. The player cannot cancel a deconstruction, thus can do nothing about it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”