[#955][6.00 Beta 6] - BUG - Gas miner stuck mining forever because it can't fill

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

razbun

[#955][6.00 Beta 6] - BUG - Gas miner stuck mining forever because it can't fill

Post by razbun » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 21:39

I have a Gas miner with 10k Storage set to automine Hydrogen.
It fills up till 9,996 and then just flies around forever presumably trying to fill up till 10k. I have to manually send it to sell every time.
Silicone miners don't seem to have this problem.

Gas miner is Bolo M with low spec. Mining in Asteroid belt. I manually send it to sell to a station that has a satellite next to it in Jupiter

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.00 Beta 6] - BUG - Gas miner stuck mining forever because it can't fill

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 22:03

Please supply a link to a vanilla save showing this happening for the devs to check it out. The information requirements and methods are described in the 'Read before posting' sticky at the top of this forum.

What trading range is your miner set to and what overall pilot skill level is its captain?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

razbun

Re: [6.00 Beta 6] - BUG - Gas miner stuck mining forever because it can't fill

Post by razbun » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 22:42

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwedx27pszev4 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbryf50xx30io ... t.png?dl=0

Actually, this may be user error. I apologize if so.

Captain is 2.5 Pilot skill
My Title is wrong, I do now actually see that they are looking for trades and failing. Since the silicone miners in Grand exchange were moving between hexes i assumed that this Gas miner would be able to do as well. But i realize now that grand exchange are all subzones of the same sector so maybe that's different at 2 star skill than searching in next sector over?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”