[Feedback] Path finding doesn't detect gates or docks properly

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

jojorne
x4

[Feedback] Path finding doesn't detect gates or docks properly

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 17:58

Note: I don't have a save because it's really hard to reproduce and when it happens the save is far behind and doesn't repeat the behavior.

I just want to leave a feedback that ships sometimes when trying to enter highways close to gates and in a certain angle will not avoid the gate and will enter the gate, moving to the next sector. They will then return back to the previous sector through the highway.

The same happens for the docks. If you have the right position and angle, they will not avoid the dock and will get inside the station or ship mesh/geometric.

Again, this is hard to get in a save. It need the right angle. Usually bellow the dock or behind the gates with highway. But if I manage to get the timing I will upload the save.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Feedback] Path finding doesn't detect gates or docks properly

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:01

@ devs: Also confirmed here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:24

they are talking about gates, yes. i also found that it happens with docks. the problem with docks is that you cannot take back the control of the ship: "i m busy now" while the ship is trapped inside the mesh, not able to leave.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 07:59

Here's a reproducible case of OP's issue.
Autopilot is set up to go from Windfall I to Profit Center Alpha.
The Autopilot will travel to Silent Witness I and try to enter the highway through the back of the gate that leads to Hatikvah's Choice I.
The ship enters the gate, then maneuvers to head back towards Silent Witness I and further down to Profit Center Alpha.

Save

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 21:56

jojorne wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:24
they are talking about gates, yes. i also found that it happens with docks. the problem with docks is that you cannot take back the control of the ship: "i m busy now" while the ship is trapped inside the mesh, not able to leave.
I can confirm this as well. Also hard to get a save that hasn't been long passed. As far as the save goes, a reload corrects the problem for the short term (That one time) and then does it later on.

OP ..
When talking about the docks and the NPC in control won't relinquish control, did you happen to notice whether or not you were backing through the supply depot or another ship? That has happened to me more than once.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

A.Silversurfer

Post by A.Silversurfer » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 13:16

I posted this last night on the Steam Beta forum and there were a number of replies. If you care to read them they start on page 9.
Playing Beta 6 RC 1.

“Just asking if anyone else is having problems with the Autopilot AI?
Yes I know it’s not as good as it could be but I’ve never had it as bad as below.

I just flew (on autopilot using my pilot) to the Taldi Space Station to go to the Representative to get my promotion and when I asked the ship to take off and fly back to Headquarters the following happened.

First it took off and then just held position for around 2 min. Then it very slowly turned around until it crashed into another ship taking off. It then played ping pong with either the side of the station or any close ship. When it finally got into free space in the station it resumed it’s very slow spinning on the spot until yet another ship crashed into it. I tried exit and reload and all that did was for the ship to fly straight into the wall of the station and stay there bouncing back and forth.

During all this time I was unable to ‘Take Command’ of the ship nor could I ‘Remove all Commands’.
In the end I had to fly another ship into the same system (Ianamus Zura) and teleport to the new ship and then the original ship decided to follow.

For reference it did none of the above before RC1.”

BTW I didn’t say but as I was simply curious I let the pilot play out the takeoff and gave up after 40 min of waiting for him/her/it to fly the ship out the Trading Station gate lol.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”