[#996]RC 1 - Invisible walls preventing walking - various cases - Fix in a future build.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Vadi
x3ap

[#996]RC 1 - Hallway repulses character - Fix in a future build.

Post by Vadi » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 10:16

Stuck in transporter room can't move nor jump out of the place.

Save game: https://we.tl/t-Lp0zQFGGDv
Attachments
Workspace 1_008.png
Workspace 1_009-min.png

Vadi
x3ap

Re: Stuck in transporter room

Post by Vadi » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 10:18

This happens on the Antigone republic faction dock - because of this, I can't go to the representative's dock to claim rank.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#996]RC 1 - Hallway repulses character

Post by DocAce » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 10:50

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 16:24
I dont suppose you have the time to explain whats happened with this? I ask because mod ships im making suddenly have this bug after RC1 when they worked fine before. Would like to know vaguely whats going on to perhaps avoid this issue in the future.
No idea if this will be interesting to anyone, but sure :)
Objects in the game have two physics bodies.
One is for collision detection and contains only "convex" collision shapes. These usually don't and can't match the visual geometry precisely, but they're good enough for things bumping into each other. This is done for performance reasons, as well as general quality of collisions: convex shapes have a defined "inside" and therefore it's much much harder to end up stuck inside an object by tunneling through an infinitely thin surface, which happens with meshes.
The other one is for when a higher precision is needed. This one's not used for collision detection but for things like raycasts (imagine a line-of-sight check using a laser pointer). Those include placing objects like signal leaks on surfaces, bullet hit detection, lensflare obstruction checks and, most importantly, first person movement. This body contains actual collision meshes that match the visual mesh pretty closely, often 100% precisely.
The bug was that the second collision body could under certain circumstances (which usually occurred when teleporting to something in a different sector) get a convex hull instead of a mesh. Because hulls are "filled" (as opposed to meshes, which are hollow) the player was essentially stuck inside a solid object and unable to move.

Arech
x3ap

Post by Arech » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 12:50

DocAce wrote:
Fri, 31. Mar 23, 10:50
One is for collision detection and contains only "convex" collision shapes. These usually don't and can't match the visual geometry precisely, but they're good enough for things bumping into each other. This is done for performance reasons, as well as general quality of collisions: convex shapes have a defined "inside" and therefore it's much much harder to end up stuck inside an object by tunneling through an infinitely thin surface, which happens with meshes.
The other one is for when a higher precision is needed. This one's not used for collision detection but for things like raycasts (imagine a line-of-sight check using a laser pointer). Those include placing objects like signal leaks on surfaces, bullet hit detection, lensflare obstruction checks and, most importantly, first person movement. This body contains actual collision meshes that match the visual mesh pretty closely, often 100% precisely.
The bug was that the second collision body could under certain circumstances (which usually occurred when teleporting to something in a different sector) get a convex hull instead of a mesh. Because hulls are "filled" (as opposed to meshes, which are hollow) the player was essentially stuck inside a solid object and unable to move.
Thanks for explaining, it was interesting to me. :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 16:24

DocAce wrote:
Fri, 31. Mar 23, 10:50
Axeface wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 16:24
I dont suppose you have the time to explain whats happened with this? I ask because mod ships im making suddenly have this bug after RC1 when they worked fine before. Would like to know vaguely whats going on to perhaps avoid this issue in the future.
Thank you for the explanation, helps. Makes me wonder about another bug regarding turret hitboxes im going to try to reproduce and post today thats been around for a while. This would explain what im seeing.

USNxMonstrosity
x3ap

[Bug] 6.0 RC1 Stuck in elevator, can't move after Alt tabbing

Post by USNxMonstrosity » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 21:51

The version of X4: Foundations that you are running, including Beta patch version and hotfix number where applicable (e.g. "1.30 Release" or "1.31 Beta 1").
6.0 RC1

A description of the problem and its symptoms, including any error messages received.
I was watching a movie on one monitor, playing X4 on main. I went to Argon Wharf, used the elevator to the Reps office, and right after I clicked the selection I alt tabbed to pause the movie to focus on X4. I alt tabbed back and I could no longer move. I could move the camera but my character was stuck. I could still open windows. Exiting to Desktop and reloading fixed the issue.

The location in the game where the problem occurred, and the circumstances which led to it, where applicable.
Argon Wharf Elevator

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r5nxqit0u7j9 ... ml.gz?dl=0

S!rAssassin

Re: [#996]RC 1 - Hallway repulses character - Fix in a future build.

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 21:56

YAK base also has this issues.

amoc
x4

BUG (6.0 RC1) Stuck in the Elevetor, wrong placed and invisible Structure

Post by amoc » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 06:45

I start new, custom game.

- Stucking in Elevator Aragon Shipyard (NXY-672), Aragon Shipyard (DXJ-952), Solar Power plant (FFH-721), ARG Quantumtube Factory (JZT-325), ARG Solar Power Planz(TMZ-898), on the way to Trader, but not only there. Had stucking also on way to Manager(can´t reproduce it). Save load fix only 1time. Nearly all station so far have smiler Problem.

- I had big invisible struckture on the Trader area that i can walk over it. Can´t reprudace but have pics.
Attachments
save_001.xml.gz
(30.99 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
20230401055119_1.jpg
20230401055144_1.jpg
20230401055217_1.jpg

amoc
x4

Re: BUG (6.0 RC1) Stuck in the Elevetor, wrong placed and invisible Structure

Post by amoc » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 06:56

New gamestart fix this issue on "same" station, but another station get it. Its semi-random

Treycore

Re: BUG (6.0 RC1) Stuck in the Elevetor, wrong placed and invisible Structure

Post by Treycore » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 08:11

I don’t have a save either but I also got stuck on the argon wharf elevator within the first 15 minutes of starting a new game

Saving and loading got me out of it

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 10:22

DocAce wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 16:01
This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Terrana
x4

[6.0 RC1] Can't move after using transporter room

Post by Terrana » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 18:18

I'm finding that I sometimes can't move after taking transport rooms to some locations. I am also unable to interact with the control panel to transport elsewhere. Other menus such as the map all seem to still be functional. Teleporting or saving and reloading resolves the issue.

I have a save where I can get this to happen consistently. To reproduce, load and transport to the 8M Dock Traders Corner. I have just teleported to the PHQ from out-of-system and do not have any ships docked.

Save here: https://cloud.ninetailed.net/s/7FWeBLyBwSxGH7L

zakaluka

[496555] bug - can't enter trader's corner, argon prime wharf

Post by zakaluka » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 18:39

Just started a new game, fires of defeat. I flew through the anomaly for Boso Ta's mission, now I'm pirating small and medium ZYA craft that come through Tharka's into Hatikvah's choice.

Stopped by argon prime wharf to make my first ship upgrade, wanted to drop by the trader's corner to find seminars.

I can't walk up the ramp to the trader's corner - there's an invisible wall. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NoCoHY ... share_link

If I use the lift to go to the trader's corner, when the door opens I'm pushed back against the back wall suddenly, and there's an invisible wall in front of me - I can't walk forward: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q568bv ... share_link

here's my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11bpZOD ... share_link

zakaluka

Re: [#996]RC 1 - Invisible walls preventing walking - various cases - Fix in a future build.

Post by zakaluka » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 18:42

of course, it's a pinned topic o.o

Thunder_Child_
x4

Stuck and/or pushed backwards in elevator

Post by Thunder_Child_ » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 22:32

I've only started having this issue after the latest update to the beta branch and it's NOT consistent, but when I use the elevator it seems like most of the time I'll be pushed backwards by some invisible force and be stuck in said elevator. I also cannot use/reach the elevator controls.
A workaround I've found is to simply make a quicksave, load it, then everything is fine.

I also noticed someone on reddit had a similar issue when I was googling about it, but I don't know what version or scenario they were using.

I'm playing on vanilla, non-modifed, beta 6.0.0 branch. Below is a save which you should be able to replicate the issue with by teleporting to any of the ships named "Faction ..." or "Pirate ..." and then using the elevator to the faction representative or trader.
This specific quicksave is where I WAS stuck in this elevator, but loading the actual quicksave fixes the being stuck.
Sorry I don't have much more detail to give though as it doesn't ALWAYS happen and I haven't noticed any similarities between each occurrence.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yegYVw ... share_link

Edit: I did some more playing, teleported to the SCA pirate base in grand exchange III and figured I'd walk to the trader like a pleb but then I experienced an odd barrier around even the stairs blocking me from entering. Seemed related so I recorded a little video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y_FGR7 ... share_link

Halpog
x4

bug : knockback in argon shipyard elevator cant move anymore

Post by Halpog » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 12:05

as soon as i teleport to argon shipyard and use the elevator to move to the reputation NPC i get a knockback in the elevator when the doors open, and than cant move anymore
tryed multiple times to go to another location , but its always ends in a knockback as soon as the door opens

smilegcb@gmail.com

Re: [#996]RC 1 - Invisible walls preventing walking - various cases - Fix in a future build.

Post by smilegcb@gmail.com » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:02

Same problem here.

But when I save before entering the elevator and this happens, i could reload the savegame. Mostly of the time I can use then the elevator (one time) to get to the trader...

1stRaymond
x3tc

Program Freezes (in station teleporter)

Post by 1stRaymond » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:34

I have begun to have program freezes after playing for more than 90 minutes. It usually happens after entering a station transporter. I can turn left and right but cannot move forward backwards nor make any other moves. I can do a save and then exit the game. I can then return to the game and the freeze is no longer in effect. Is anyone else having this issue? I have attached both a DXDIAG and a Vulkaninfo reports for your consideration.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(92.08 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Vulkaninfo.txt
(81.92 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sun, 2. Apr 23, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info to title

Zloth2
x4

[6.0 RC1] Elevator breaks when going to manager's office

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 00:45

Save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aVptAu ... share_link

Unfortunately, the save doesn't reproduce the issue. What I would do would be to simply go down the ramp, click the elevator controls, and select the manager's office. The elevator would go to the office, but I would get slammed to the back of the elevator, unable to move! Shift-D would take me back to my ship. If I went to the elevator again, it would be broken (ignores clicks on the control). Other elevators in the station would do the same thing but, after a single use, would remain broken.

I do have video evidence. I happened to be making a guide showing how to make a custom HQ in a budgeted start, so I have a recording of the whole game. Here's where the bug happens.
https://youtu.be/w3W-AwCXFcs?t=1310
You can go back and see the custom station made if that helps.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Arckame
x4

Post by Arckame » Mon, 3. Apr 23, 13:12

hi,

Same issue for me. I Cannot complete rank attribution for Antigone Republic because of station glitch.

It's impossible to exit the lift when trying to access station manager, republic representative or the market.
The ramp to the dock market is block by an invisble wall.

The station is EAY-626, it's my character location in this savegame.

https://1fichier.com/?mvyo9r0g8l81w478l4fb

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”