Beta 6 RC 1: Mission Broken (The Meeting, Part 4 - Pass Border Control)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Pandomania
x4

Beta 6 RC 1: Mission Broken (The Meeting, Part 4 - Pass Border Control)

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 18:09

Terran Cadet start.

I (stupidly) triggered a mission before I was 100% ready to focus on it to the exclusion of everything else; think I just wanted to see what it was about...meanwhile I was actually fighting the Xenon in Tharka's Cascade XV (and have to hurry up as I suspect the Terrans are tying to destroy the Yaki base in Savage Spur all of a sudden?!). The mission chain in question is the one that starts the war between Terrans and Argon (which I was planning on doing). Unfortunately I have no saves prior to this mission, as I failed to realise it was broken.

Anyway, at some point I realised I was actually on stage 4 of this mission (I have no idea how). Stage 3 required me to drop an Advanced Satellite somewhere, which I did not do (until later)...

Stage 4 requires me to "Pass Border Control" except I have no idea where this is (I travelled just about everywhere possible to travel in the area, nothing). CURIOUSLY trying to get to the faction rep on the ANT Equipment Dock in Antigone Memorial repeatedly locks me inside the lift shaft, and (although the doors open) I cannot get inside that room; also, it looks like no one (ie, the faction rep) is inside that room. I therefore suspect this mission has something to do with the individual that's supposed to be inside that room.

After searching the internet I found a couple of threads about this:

viewtopic.php?t=435063
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442341

I read through them, trying to fix the issue; dropped an Advanced Satellite near the Equipment Dock in Antigone Memorial (and the Wharf as someone mentioned that) hoping it would reset the guidance; unfortunately, nothing happened.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqdvweaomjx4e ... ml.gz?dl=0

Is there any way to fix/reset this, or is my save just borked now?!

I thought about trying to abort the mission and restart, but unfortunately the option is greyed out, so can't try that either :/

Pandomania
x4

Re: Beta 6 RC 1: Mission Broken (The Meeting, Part 4 - Pass Border Control)

Post by Pandomania » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 20:05

Quickfix:

After hours of playing around with this, I dropped an Advanced Satellite next to an ANT Defence Platform in Getsu Fune, and the mission moved forward. Just before/after I dropped the satellite the yellow mission target-ball was finally visible, so you'll know you're on the right track - and the satellite immediately turns grey once dropped.

It sounds so simple, but there is no guidance for this mission; or if there was, it disappeared!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”