[6.0 Beta 7] Ship not using Travel Drive (Save)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[6.0 Beta 7] Ship not using Travel Drive (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 18:22

Hi,

Please examine this saved game.

In it, you are a passenger on the ship "Scout - Discoverer (UMH-941)". This ship has an order to dock at the ship "Frigate - Cobra (Marines)".

Despite the target ship being over 60km away, the Discoverer has not engaged its Travel Drive and, at the point of the save, has already travelled 40% of the distance from the accelerator to the Cobra at this slow speed.

Basically, after emerging from the Accelerator, this ship is going to travel almost 100km solely using regular drives. This is a little silly.

I've reloaded this save, and the issue remains - sometimes reloading "wakes up" such ships, and they engage their travel drives almost right away. However, not this time.

Note: As a work-around, I can drag the route (dock order) to effectively create a "fly to" waypoint near the target ship. Upon doing so, the Discoverer IMMEDIATELY engages its travel drive.

This issue has been reported previously, in prior versions of the game before v6.0. However, perhaps this example might help track the issue down. Ships using slow mode to travel long-distances is far from ideal behaviour. Setting a simple "fly and wait" waypoint order via dragging of the "dock and wait" order works around things fine, but leads to excessive micro-management when LOTS of ships are suffering from the same issue.

Scoob
x4

Re: [6.0 Beta 7] Ship not using Travel Drive (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 18:24

Sorry, minor mistake in title, I actually ran this specific test in RC1, though the game I loaded was made in Beta 7.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”