[6.0 RC 1] Bombardment and Carriers - no auto deploy

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

FatalKeks
x4

[6.0 RC 1] Bombardment and Carriers - no auto deploy

Post by FatalKeks » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 21:17

Should the fighters, which are docked on a carrier and assigned the bombardment role auto undock and attack, when an enemy capital ship is approaching? This is the behavour I would expect. In my case they just do nothing.

FatalKeks
x4

Re: [6.0 RC 1] Bombardment and Carriers - no auto deploy

Post by FatalKeks » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 21:39

Just to clearify: "Bombardment" should behave exaclty the same as "Intercept" but instead of targeting M/S-Ships it should target L/XL ships?

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 04:53

Okay, there is defenetily something buggy going on here. Sometimes the fighters from a carrier don't launch when an enemy capital is approaching. I tried to create a savegame, but after reloading they instantly launched.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 16:52

Is there a "dock and wait" order on the fighters that refuse to take off?
If there is, it is an old bug, it is possible that Ego's solution is to remove all the "dock and wait" orders on fighters while loading.

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 19:13

No they don't have any orders. I think, I have a savegame, where it is reproduced.

There is a K approaching my carrier and the fighters do not start even at close range.

https://easyupload.io/ipp08q

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”