[497288] boarding pods interfere with captured L ships

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

zakaluka

[497288] boarding pods interfere with captured L ships

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 03:09

Hi,

This didn't happen to me in RC2, but I only did a few boarding operations. I will be doing some more with RC3 so I can find out if there is a pattern.

Boarding pods do not fully unload their troops. After the battle is complete, there is still 1 marine in each boarding pod. Attached to the hull.
Even after getting engines partially repaired, the ship cannot move. It is as if there is either an AI sticking point, or perhaps the new physics thinks there is a collision.

Now look at this odd spectacle: I attempted to destroy all boarding pods, but one has clipped inside the ship's model. In an attempt to un-stick things, I moved my camera very far away to put the wyvern in low attention. Then when that didn't work, I tried to ram the ship hoping I could spot the boarding pod (I did but could not shoot it). After I finally got teleported out of the wyvern's model, it is tumbling uncontrollably in space. As in, the captain is not trying to hold position, or move.

Here is that save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g06AN6 ... share_link
Here's a video of what the boarded ship is doing (this is wild): https://youtu.be/GAZLN35jJVw

I will try to reproduce this.

zakaluka

Re: [497288] boarding pods interfere with captured L ships

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 03:21

actually leaving sector ungummed things, the remaining pod vanished & the ship started moving.

I will try to reproduce this.

zakaluka

Re: [497288] boarding pods interfere with captured L ships

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 19:50

I have performed a significant number of boarding operations now and was not able to reproduce the issue with boarding pods remaining after a ship is captured.

Also I suspect the reason the ship remained spinning was that, engines had not been repaired enough yet. Seems like the spinning thing is the new physics code, the AI just did not have any ability to stop the roll.

I did encounter the issue with boarding pods not making contact once (they stop a few meters from the hull and the "approach" phase gets stuck). In this case just waiting a while caused phase 2 to start.
I also encountered an issue where one of my troop carriers launched pods way too early, and they got stuck on a collidable object. In this case I had to destroy the offending pod (it was stuck on a jump gate)

I don't know, I guess this is a non-report. Maybe can be closed or moved.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”