[Beta 6 RC3] Auxiliary ship soft-lock, feedback

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

gorgofdoom
x4

[Beta 6 RC3] Auxiliary ship soft-lock, feedback

Post by gorgofdoom » Sun, 9. Apr 23, 04:48

I want to lead with the observation that resupplying is hugely, massively improved since my last in depth look! Being able to define what missiles a ship will acquire and the addition of simpler supply chains has made resupply really great. However, this great improvement to function has lead me to overutilize my Stork [MOI-177].

My stork has gotten into a soft-lock where it cannot resupply my falx bombers. I've assigned ~20 of these frigate's. However, after a couple agressive bombing runs, they are all are occupying all M slots on the stork. Meanwhile multiple M ships are 'waiting for a free dock' to deliver wares that are needed to resupply them. While it's possible tell the bombers to get out for the time being; this possible scenario interferes with the intention of automation.

Also we can see at least two falx frigates (DPL-562 & MJT-555) are needlessly spamming dock, failed multiple times per minute while attempting to resupply. (This is non-ideal and seems similar to another defined bug, so maybe worth it's own post?)

solution brainstorm: Add delay between attempts to resupply, returning to normal operation if they cannot. Also, a maximum allowed time to wait for resupply where the order is cancelled if it takes more than 5 minutes or so, returning the ship to duty with a 5-10 minute delay before they try again.

Thanks!

save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A-tStC ... share_link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”