[Bug RC3] Collision mesh error spaming the log file - modded game

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Xkuka
x4

[Bug RC3] Collision mesh error spaming the log file - modded game

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 09:13

Code: Select all

[General] 15579.29 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 15579.29 Could not create collision shapes for extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\props\weaponsystems\xref_parts\turret_ter_m_base_01_data\part_socket-collision
[FileIO ] 15579.29 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\props\weaponsystems\standard\turret_ter_l_laser_01_mk1_data\part_socket-collision.xmf' (error: 13)
[=ERROR=] 15579.29 Could not process collision mesh extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\props\weaponsystems\standard\turret_ter_l_laser_01_mk1_data\part_socket-collision.xmf for octree generation (index buffer is corrupt)
[=ERROR=] 15579.29 Error creating collision mesh shape for extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\props\weaponsystems\standard\turret_ter_l_laser_01_mk1_data\part_socket-collision:
Need triangles to create a mesh shape!

So i am sure that this bug must have been noticed, its been around for as long i play the beta. Seemingly no impact on gameplay it causes problems by creating GB large log files that are rendered almost useless to work with, when being around terran or pioneer sectors. Sure i can open the log file with N++ even if its larger than a couple of GB, but i usually work with VSC, where i also have macros to clean and sort the usual redundant log entries. Such as the usual sig errors. But once the log becomes around 1 GB VSC cant handle it anymore.
I don't know about other people, but i would prefer this to be solved rather soon as i don't see value spending extra time dealing with it. It also costs performance, even though my system is anything but slow (I9 8 core+32gb+nvme-ssd's), when it happens that the game is busy writing millions of redundant lines to the log, there is a noticbble delay in many processes, no lag, a delay in reaction time of all kind of scripts handling AI and stuff. Also when quitting the game it takes minutes finishing the log entries, only for me, if i need the log, to to clean it up somehow.
I can only imagine it must be quite busy in the dev offices right now. If this is not a problem for you guys, at least let me know how you deal with that sort of thing.
cheers
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

jojorne
x4

Re: [Bug RC3] Collision mesh error spaming the log file

Post by jojorne » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 10:36

If you got the game through Steam, try to verify the game files. The error pretty much says that one of the files is corrupted.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 10:51

Is your game modified by any chance?

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 11:03

jojorne wrote:
Tue, 11. Apr 23, 10:36
If you got the game through Steam, try to verify the game files. The error pretty much says that one of the files is corrupted.
Files are fine, ran the check anyways and no file had to be replaced.

"for octree generation (index buffer is corrupt)"
I am assuming you mean this, its not referring to a file but to an array of pointers that are being used in multiple vertices. Not sure though what exactly in that particular case, i can imagine it has to do with some of the materials for the assets affected by the errors.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 11:16

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 11. Apr 23, 10:51
Is your game modified by any chance?
Yes some QoL mods and some of my WIP i am working on. That is why i need the log. No ship mods, no weapon mods, only scripting stuff and diff patches manipulating some values, but in other areas than weapons and turrets. So i would be confident to say those aren't the cause of the trouble, as it seems to be specifically some terran weaponry. I have no issues when not traveling terran/pioneer space. At least no more than anyone else... :mrgreen:
***Never not modified***

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 11:19

The errors suggest otherwise, and I'm afraid we won't be spending time investigating this unless it can be reproduced in an unmodified game (NOT a game started while modified with the mods then disabled).

The rules for this forum specifically ask people NOT to report issues with modified games.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 11:33

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 11. Apr 23, 11:19
The rules for this forum specifically ask people NOT to report issues with modified games.
I wasn't aware it was that particular. Going to see if i can deliver a "clean" report.
***Never not modified***

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 12:25

Ok i am sorry, found the culprit and fixed it. My bad... :|
***Never not modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”