Removed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

Removed

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 12:54

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 9. Aug 23, 08:52
austeregrim wrote:
Wed, 9. Aug 23, 05:04
Version 6.10 works on this system. So yes something is broken for this system.
I'll try my other two systems in a bit.
The older version may work, but the system itself doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game, at least as it reports itself in your DXDiag. It appears to be trying to use almost exclusively shared memory and has almost no dedicated memory at all.
The OneXPlayer mini doesn't have a DGPU, it has the Intel Iris GPU onboard the I7 CPU chip, but no dedicated GPU like an NVidia or AMD graphics card.
Amazed that a hand held gaming console could even try to run X4, I guess one day that might be a thing.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

austeregrim
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Graphical Fix (especially for AMD Drivers)

Post by austeregrim » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 16:56

CBJ wrote:
austeregrim wrote:
The older version may work, but the system itself doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game, at least as it reports itself in your DXDiag. It appears to be trying to use almost exclusively shared memory and has almost no dedicated memory at all.
Ok, you asked for test cases to see what isn't working. I'm giving you 3 systems and one of them it doesn't even start on now with your graphics change. The previous version worked fine, and this one doesn't even start. It's disappointing the response is just "that system doesn't meet the minimum requirements" and frankly insulting instead of a respectful response, saying thanks and something you'll look at.

austeregrim
x4

Re: [TESTREQUEST] Graphical Fix (especially for AMD Drivers)

Post by austeregrim » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 17:04

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 9. Aug 23, 12:54
CBJ wrote:
austeregrim wrote:
The OneXPlayer mini doesn't have a DGPU, it has the Intel Iris GPU onboard the I7 CPU chip, but no dedicated GPU like an NVidia or AMD graphics card.
Amazed that a hand held gaming console could even try to run X4, I guess one day that might be a thing.
It runs X4 just really well, and many other games including MSFS2020... Only the the beta of X4 and the last release of Elite has not even run on it.
OneX has newer systems that's a bit better than the one I've got. I know it's limitations, and I temper my expectations, but I typically use it for remote playing from my desktop. It is a powerhouse compared to the Steamdeck though.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 17:06

timon37 wrote:
Mon, 7. Aug 23, 12:36
To keep this as efficient as possible please avoid discussions in this thread. Thank you!
To answer the point on minimum requirements, the whole point of having minimum requirements is that we won't spend time investigating issues on systems that don't meet them. Thanks for the feedback on the other systems nevertheless.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”