[#1423][6.20 BETA (510851] - still massive problems when docking to large stations (should be fixed, 6.20 Public Beta 4)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Elvenstyle
x4

[#1423][6.20 BETA (510851] - still massive problems when docking to large stations (should be fixed, 6.20 Public Beta 4)

Post by Elvenstyle » Wed, 9. Aug 23, 22:29

Hello everyone :-)

According to the BETA patch notes, the docking bug should have been fixed for large stations.

6.20 Public Beta (4) Changelog:
"Fixed ships not being able to dock to very large stations in some locations."
"Fixed ships not being able to dock at some stations with covered docking areas."

Unfortunately...

I've had problems with my "star bases" since version 6.00
Sometimes my ships don't dock, sometimes other factions don't dock and remain in docking mode and then fly on the spot. After a certain time, masses of ships accumulate in one place.

In version 5.1 it all worked perfectly.

Where exactly am I having problems?
Now also in the current BETA 6.2 (with all DLC's):

"Starbase I":
works correctly. No docking problems

"Starbase II":
also works correctly

"Starbase III":
My own ships (L-Mining & Gas) are not docking. I get around this if I revoke all orders and then reallocate them to the base (to the manager). Then even ALL dock at once.
At the next docking (after collecting minerals/gas) the same errors happen again.
Other factions have problems as well. Also smaller ship classes (M/S)
20230809205202_1.jpg

"Starbase IV":
My own ships dock perfectly. Collect, dock, collect, dock and so on works fine.
Other factions have problems. These Ships are all in dock mode and remain in place. If I deselect all these ships in the "logical overview", they will dock in the next round. But other newly arriving ships have the same problem again.
20230809205838_1.jpg

"Starbase V":
Freshly built. Has never produced before. Only power cells are currently for sale here. But even with almost zero traffic, you can see that even these few ships (L/M/S) have problems here.
20230809221140_1.jpg

ALL starbases are built identically. When I discovered the problem, I installed 12 additional 6S/3M docks in the middle of each base. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

It's funny and strange at the same time that starbases 1 & 2 work perfectly, base 3 then has massive problems and at base 4 only foreign peoples have problems. I see no difference there?
(I had already saved and loaded in the beta to rule this out)

Here are 3 saves (Download button at top right):

save001.xml.gz is my current score WITHOUT a beta save. Version 6.1 Relase (as of today) -93,1MB

ONLY for comparison if necessary (old saves):
save007.xml.gzis an older save from version 5.1 Relase (05/21/2022, where everything worked until 6.0) -97,1MB

save009.xml.gz version 4.00 Relase (06/21/2021 "Starbase IV" only, but no problems up to 6.0) - 71,6MB

No matter which saved game I load, problems appear "now" with 6.xx.

Important:
My saves have NEVER been modded over the years, nor have they ever seen a beta before!

Thanks to you in advance and sorry for the bad english
Greetings from Germany :-)

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1423][6.20 BETA (510851] - still massive problems when docking to large stations (should be fixed, 6.20 Public Bet

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 09:10

Thank you for this detailed report. The time you spent collecting and presenting this issue is really appreciated!

I'm happy to report that using your savegame and the provided images and description we have found an issue in the docking logic that could cause ships to get stuck trying to get to a position close enough for the final docking movement but failing to do so for extremely large stations.
The fix should be included in an upcoming build.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Elvenstyle
x4

Re: [#1423][6.20 BETA (510851] - still massive problems when docking to large stations (should be fixed, 6.20 Public Bet

Post by Elvenstyle » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 17:56

Glad I could help with this issue

And of course...I'm also happy when I can play "normal" again at some point and my 3k+ hour save isn't "broken"
It would take a lot of effort for me to start all over again... :oops:

Now I have the solution to the riddle:
In Beta 4 this was only fixed for very large stations.
You are now talking about extremely large stations.

This is of course a difference. :lol:

[..."There is no hell, the devil is in the details"...]

Thank you all for the good work :thumb_up:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”