[7.0 Beta 2] Area of map visible, but no assets there (Save)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Area of map visible, but no assets there (Save)

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 22:47

Hi,

Please examine this vanilla saved game.

Load the game, open the map and look in Grand Exchange IV. Near the Eastern part of the Sector is an area of the map where I have live visibility, as if I have a Satellite there, but I do not. I have no assets there, other than a Resource Probe in the centre of the Sector. I did have an M-Class Miner here some time ago, but I sent it elsewhere after it started getting harassed by a lone Kha'ak vessel.

This issue isn't serious, well, it's hardly an issue at all, more a curiosity as to why I have seemingly random visibility in this spot.

Note that after making this save, I reloaded it and the visible area is still present.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Area of map visible, but no assets there (Save)

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 11:26

I loaded your save and can see anything out of the ordinary. The fog of war is gone bit there is no active sensor information. If you have an image it may help understand more accurately what you mean is wrong.

MFG

Ketraar

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 13:01

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 11:26
I loaded your save and can see anything out of the ordinary. The fog of war is gone bit there is no active sensor information. If you have an image it may help understand more accurately what you mean is wrong.

MFG

Ketraar
Hi,

That's really odd. I made the save, then loaded it to check it could be reproduced. An area of the map in that sector had "live" visibility as if I had a regular Satellite there, but I did not. I could see any ships that entered the area, despite having no assets there.

Basically, imagine you placed a satellite in a remote sector. You'll then be able to see anything that enters its coverage area, and this area will be obviously clear, rather than slightly greyed-out on the map. Now, imagine EXACTLY that, but there's no satellite there, nor has there ever been. I appeared to have gained random visibility on a small area of a remote sector.

Sorry the save didn't reproduce it for you. Perhaps this is one that survives and in-game reload, but not an exit the game and load.

Metran

Post by Metran » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 21:11

I can indeed confirm that this does happen in my game as well, most apparent immediately after loading into the game, in my case it's in Family Zhin sector.

See image here.

Metran

Post by Metran » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 22:11

I have recorded a video and uploaded it to YT. Here is what happens in the video:
  1. From Desktop I launch the Game.
  2. When game has loaded (skipping intro video), I go through the menus and load up an autosave.
  3. I wait for game to finish loading.
  4. When game has loaded I go into the map and pan view to the Family Zhin sector (where this issue happens in my Custom game start).
  5. Looking at one of my Destroyers (captured from SCA :twisted:) and it's 2 wings of Hydras (~10 in each), just above that group there is a small area of the map that is visible (overlapping with vision range of the Destroyer fleet) but I do not have any assets there that could grant the vision -will become much clearer at around 4:30 in video-, further to the topright of that there is a Rorqual (Mineral) miner there harvesting rocks (again overlapping vision area).
  6. I cycle through the Owned Property tabs - to show that there are no assets of mine to grant vision (other than the small portion of the overlapping destroyer's vision).
  7. I even Exit and reopen map to show it's not just a fluke.
  8. Sending a ship there (I assume if the case is that there is no overlapping vision) can possible cause the vision area to reset to normal.
  9. At the end of the video, when the Miner has moved away from the area, you can clearly see it.
I hope that this helps. :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 22:15

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and video Metran. It's not occurred again for me so far this evening.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”