Beta 3 Glowing HUD even though all the glow is off - WAI

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

ange
x4

Beta 3 Glowing HUD even though all the glow is off - WAI

Post by ange » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:36

I have glowing-UI and glowing off in graphics settings. The color settings for blind people is set to default. Nevertheless, the HUD elements glow in scanning modes. When I scan, I want to see everything clearly and the glow again outshines everything dark.

Image Image Image

If I turn glowing/glowing-UI off in the graphics settings, they should stay turned off!
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 3 Glowing HUD even though all the glow is off

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:47

There is no glow visible in those screenshots. Those HUD elements look like that without glow. If you choose bright colours then they will, of course, look quite bright.

ange
x4

Post by ange » Wed, 1. May 24, 09:17

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:47
There is no glow visible in those screenshots. Those HUD elements look like that without glow. If you choose bright colours then they will, of course, look quite bright.
I don't get it. For me it's glowing. Then why is everything blurry around the sharp HUD and info menu?
In the past, everything was designed to be as efficient and realistic as possible. Now the look is changed to colorful comic style and efficiency becomes unimportant.

I don't like the visual "degeneration". Everything is colorful and unnecessarily blurry. Yesterday I really tried to play for several hours. The result is a headache. My eyes feel like I have sore muscles.

I have nothing against colorful. But this should be done taking color theory into account and you should also take a quick look at the design regulations of the aircraft manufacturers or car manufacturers. Talk to the local ADAC and ask whether such a colorful, distracting HUD and cockpit would get the TÜV approval.

I no longer enjoy the fights because I strain my eyes trying to find the target between the bright colors.

Backgrounds for text are too bright and colorful. Texts/lists are harder to read. Menus are very bright and when I close them it takes me a few seconds to get used to the dark space.

The technical term ergonomic.
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

ange
x4

Re: Beta 3 Glowing HUD even though all the glow is off - WAI

Post by ange » Wed, 1. May 24, 09:36

All Color Settings are default. Glowing and glowing-UI off.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 1. May 24, 11:44

ange wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 09:17
CBJ wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:47
I don't get it. For me it's glowing. Then why is everything blurry around the sharp HUD and info menu?
In the past, everything was designed to be as efficient and realistic as possible. Now the look is changed to colorful comic style and efficiency becomes unimportant.
While I agree that ergonomy is always a difficult topic in relation to X4, your screenshots do NOT show the new UI glow feature. With the previous default blue color it is just less noticable than with the orange and purple colors you have selected for your screenshots.

The new UI glow effect is MUCH stronger than what is shown on your screenshots. You can notice it, for example, when you hover your mouse over one of the menu items and map icons - a glowing and animated halo will be around the selected item.

So, solution to get your previous X4 look back: Make sure you don't select any other color for the interface (don't use purple, don't use orange, just keep the default blue).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”