[BUG in 7.0 - 529848] XL/L Ships interaction with Auxiliary ships is broken.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Candergart
x4

[BUG in 7.0 - 529848] XL/L Ships interaction with Auxiliary ships is broken.

Post by Candergart » Thu, 2. May 24, 09:59

There is a massive issue with XL/L ships when you tell them to repair or refit at an Auxiliary ship.

A lot of the time the XL/L will get stuck circling the Auxiliary ship forever and never docking to perform repairs.
To me this looks like really bad path finding.

In the save file I will link below, I currently have a Raptor (CUL-754) in the system "Tharka's Cascade XV" that is trying to repair itself on a Nomad Sentinel (NLM-474)
I gave the raptor this order about 6 hours of game play ago and it still has not been able to do it.

Link to save: http://eve.lmfao.se/X4/quicksave.xml_auxiliary.gz

I have done a lot of testing on this issue.
I have tried using auxiliary ships from:
HOP, PAR, ZYA, ARG and ANT.

I have also tried giving these repair orders to:
Phoenix (both models)
Behemoth (Both models)
Raptor
Asgard

And all of these have the same issues.
Please note that occasionally the repair will work but it is bad enough to warrant this bug report.

Best Regards
Me

[ external image ]

Candergart
x4

Re: [BUG in 7.0 - 529848] XL/L Ships interaction with Auxiliary ships is broken.

Post by Candergart » Thu, 2. May 24, 10:53

I have found that being "In system" or "Out of System" mostly has no impact that I have noticed.

RubyRezal
x4

Re: [BUG in 7.0 - 529848] XL/L Ships interaction with Auxiliary ships is broken.

Post by RubyRezal » Thu, 2. May 24, 16:39

Have experienced the same issue. It affects more than just docking with Aux ships. L and XL ships are also sometimes getting stuck flying in circles around stations in the critical stage of docking.

To work around the issue, I've been going out of system and using live stream view to quickly switch between in system and out of system simulations. This sometimes nudges the ships into a better position to complete docking or forces them to stop and course correct. It doesn't always work, but it's what I've been doing to try and get these ship to fly right.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”