Terran Station Designs by Lea :)

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Terran Station Designs by Lea :)

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:06

Hi there community!

I have come here to share some of my own designs, with which I've been tinkering with in the Planner. I've had some attempts at constructing stations in the game itself and decided to first have plans ready for the next fresh playthrough. Each of the station designs has a goal to satisfy my own OCDs, which come in many flavours. First of all, they are somewhat symetrical, tightly packed without looking squished, production stations have exactly the amount of available housing for the required workforce and lastly they have clear approach flyways for the incoming ships. More so they have to make sense logically, meaning there is usualy a dedicated area for storage, a habitation and production levels.

As I am only now starting the playthrough, I can offer just screenshots from the planner itself and the files for them. As I build those, I will try to update with in game looks, but if anyone will build them themselves, feel free to share. And as a last note, I am just starting with X4, having come here after a long break from X3TC. So bare in mind, those are rookie stations.

First three are ideal for a starting project. The only blueprint they require you to buy is the M Storage, which shouldn't be too expansive of an investment. Starting of we have a small Trading Station and two Mining Hubs for Liquid and Solid wares. Good for overall transfer of goods between AI stations and keeping your mining fleets in check and not cluttering the Property Owned tab. I have tested similar designs already and they work wonders as a supply chain for both Player and AI stations.

Trading Station design. Solid Mining Hub, but since the designs are almost identical, I used them to showcase different angles. Liquid Mining Hub continues the simple approach. All those work wonders with a fleet of L Miners and M Traders.

Solar Power Plant to set up in Mercury. Has two Piers and the standard 4M10S dock while also a bunch of panels. And starting with this, you will notice my OCD requirement, to have exactly the same amount of Habitation as required Workforce, as it would be actually cheaper to build two L Living Rings instead of the mix presented. But I like it, so... Ehh.

Habitation Supply Hub is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I tried to make separate stations for MRE and Medical Supplies, but I couldn't handle the odd amount of required Workforce. Untill I realised a mix of 4 MRE and 4 Medical Supplies caps out at 900. Thus this "crown" design came to be. As visible from the top it has free approach to the piers as well as the pathways in and out of the dock. Habitation is kept at a lower level to create a nice feel of dedicated zones on the station. Those big storage tanks should handle resources for two hours of undisturbed production, but I haven't tested it yet and am extremely rookie when it comes to understanding the calculator.

That's it for now. Cannot attach more than 5 files :(
terran trading station s.xml
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 2072 times
terran mineral mining hub s.xml
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 1867 times
terran gas mining hub s.xml
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 1638 times
terran solar power plant.xml
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 1936 times
terran habitation supplies production.xml
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 1835 times

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Re: Terran Station Designs by Lea :)

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:18

Now for part two :D

Is my first design and the root for all the other stations. Simple Protein Paste Production station, that aims to use the amazing 8 side anchor Terran Dock. Again Piers are kept free, as you can see here and the station is modular in design. It was important to me for them to make sense logically, thus this is what my mind cooked up. I keep repeating myself... Anxious I guess.

A small Metallic Microlatice Production station, maintaining the simplistic design while offering all the required living space. With a neat top shot as well!

Sillicon Carbide time and here it comes. Lowered the amount of production segments to three, as any more than that caused issues with Habitation Modules. Nothing I designs really satisfied me untill I did this. It can easily be expanded to a similar look of the station above, but this is what I will use.

This one was a bit tough considering the insane amount of workers required to run the Computronic Substrate. Although I guess it sounds funny to more advanced players, building the Megaplexes. I prefer the single ware stations myself, I have to admit. And this cutie closes out the Terran Production chain for now.

I did omit Stimulants, as I have not found a need for them in the Terran Economy as of yet. I assume you can fence them at a Black Market, but they are not necessary for the life and death of the Terran AI.

With this said, I hope you all enjoy those little things :)
terran protein paste production.xml
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 1552 times
terran metallic microlattice production.xml
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 1667 times
terran silicon carbide production.xml
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 1675 times
terran computronic substrate production.xml
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 1687 times
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Khyinn
x4

Post by Khyinn » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 13:59

Very good designs, simple but efficient.

Do you plan to make a wharf/shipyard ? Defense Platform maybe ?

liam92
x3tc

Post by liam92 » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 23:59

This is wonderful, thanks! A lot of the plans here are for big endgame stuff, and I'm not there yet. I am at the stage where I'm starting to wish I had some standard designs I could just plop down though.

korvyr
x4

Post by korvyr » Sun, 10. Apr 22, 00:55

These are fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

Master_Chief_117
x4

Post by Master_Chief_117 » Thu, 23. Feb 23, 18:49

The Terran Habitation Supplies is missing solid storage for ice. other than that it is an amazing station design. it would also be cool if you made a large station specifically for workforce to supply a terraforming project.

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 05:35

IS there any way you could list what would be needed to supply these stations as they are? Like miners/traders and such?

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 11:10

Phyon wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 05:35
IS there any way you could list what would be needed to supply these stations as they are? Like miners/traders and such?
It highly depends on where you place the stations. What I mean is, every station with Production in its name will require Energy Cells, but if you build them in Mercury, I would actually add a Solar Pannel module or two to them, since the Solar Strength in this sector is so good. Aside from this, you will need to adjust your number of Miners/Freighters depending on how you space the stations from one another. For example Getsu Fune (one gate away from Asteroid Belt) is full of Ice, meaning a Protein Paste station would have a much easier time acquiring its resources. But Jupiter or Saturn 1 lack those and your Miners would need to travel further away to gather required materials. It also highly depends how you set up your economy. I am trying out a "no direct miners" approach, where I have dedicated Mining Hubs which have Bolo/Hokkaido set to Mine and Trade, delivering to my stations.

But a rough idea:
- Trading Station - needs only Freighters.
- Mining Hub Solid/Liquid - needs only Miners for Mineral/Gas respectively.
- Solar Power Plant - needs only Freighters.
- Habitation Supplies Production - needs Mineral Miners and Freighters, as it requires Ice and Protein Paste.
- Protein Paste Production - needs Mineral and Gas Miners, as it requires Ice and Methane.
- Metallic Microlattice Production - needs Mineral and Gas Miners, as it requires Ore and Hellium.
- Silicon Carbide Production - needs Mineral and Gas Miners as well as Freighters, as it requires Silicone, Methane and Metallic Mircolattice.
- Computronic Substrate Production - needs Mineral and Gas Miners, as it requires Ore, Silicone and Hydrogen.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 03:34

Just discovered these, love them! They look reasonable, don’t want ugly “endgame” monstrosities

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 16:41

FWIW Substrate asks for massive workforce which if you entertain that thought will bump up the workforce some more and ask for loads of meds mres. It roughly works out to around 5k workforce per sub module. Lattice and carbide aren't as heavy.

Return to “Construction Community”